- ANA Group has announced its flight schedule for fiscal year 2023 (FY2023).
- For domestic routes, ANA and Peach will increase the total available seat kilometers (ASK) than in FY2022 to fully accommodate the recovery in demand and to maximize profitability for the Group.
- For international routes, in response to growing demand and the relaxation of entry restrictions in various countries, ANA will resume regular flights such as the Haneda-Munich and Narita-Brussels route.
- Given strong and continued demand for freighter operations, ANA will focus on increasing revenue by maximizing the operation of its 11 cargo aircraft and utilizing the cargo space on passenger flights.
Tokyo, Japan, 2023-Jan-19 — /Travel PR News/ — ANA HOLDINGS INC. (hereinafter “ANA HD”) has announced its flight schedule for fiscal year 2023 (FY2023).
- In response to new trends in demand and recovery from COVID-19, ANA HD is pursuing transformative measures to shift to a new airline business model. Throughout fiscal 2022, in an effort to respond to the recovery in demand, ANA HD steadily restored the network that was temporarily downsized during the pandemic.
- For domestic routes, ANA and Peach plan to increase in FY2023 the available seat kilometers (ASK) compared to FY2022, based on the strong recovery in demand. ANA will utilize large-sized aircraft such as the Boeing 777 which resumed operations last year, and flexibly introduce additional flights. Peach will adjust its network to enhance profitability while responding to the rise in demand. The two airlines will support the group network by leveraging the strengths of each brand.
- For international routes, the ANA Group will proactively build its network to meet the demand for travel to and from Japan, which is expected to continue to increase from 2022, with the relaxation of Japan’s travel restrictions. In response to the anticipated rise in business demand, routes such as the Seattle-Haneda route, which were temporarily operated to/from Narita Airport to accommodate connecting demand between Asia and North America, will operate to/from Haneda. Further, the Haneda-Munich route will resume operations with 3 flights per week, while the Narita-Brussels route will resume regular service with 2 flights per week, and the Haneda-Sydney route will operate a total of 14 flights per week with 2 daily flights starting from the 2023 summer schedule. ANA also plans to resume the Narita-Perth route from the 2023 winter schedule, and through accurately assessing fluctuations in demand and maintaining flexibility, we will continue to announce updates to the flight schedule on a monthly basis. In anticipation of a gradual recovery in demand especially for foreign visitors to Japan, Peach will operate the Kansai-Bangkok route on a daily basis from the 2023 summer schedule.
- For the freighter routes, ANA will maximize the use of its 11 freighters through its network. With the return of passenger flights, ANA will utilize the cargo space on passenger aircraft to maximize profitability for the Group.
The key points for the FY2023 are as follows:
- 1: The number of flights for the current service are according to the fiscal year 2022 flight schedule for the second half. The actual number of flights may differ based on flight reductions due to COVID-19.
- 2: For Aug. 11～17 and 21, the frequency will be 2 roundtrips/day.
- 3: For Mar. 26, Apr. 29-May 7, Jul. 14-17, Aug. 4-15, 18-20, Sep. 16, 18 and Oct. 7, 9, the frequency will be 4 roundtrips/day.
- 4: For Apr. 7, 9, 14, 16, 21, 23; Jun. 2, 4, 9, 11, 16, 18, 23, 25, 30, the frequency will be 4 roundtrips/day.
- 5: For Mar. 27, Apr. 7～10,14～17,21～24, 28, May 8, June 16～19,23～26, 30, the frequency will be 3.5 roundtrips/day.
- 6: To operate between Aug. 10～21.
- In response to passenger demand trends and ongoing changes in travel guidelines, the schedule for select international routes starting from the 2023 summer schedule will include the below:Resume regular service on the Narita-Brussels route;
Resume the Haneda-Munich route, and
Resume service on the Narita-Perth route from the 2023 winter schedule.
For the routes listed as “pending” as of today, ANA will announce the details as soon as the flight plans become finalized.
Period: March 26, 2023～
Asia / Oceania
North America / Panpacific
- 1: For flights departing from overseas, the dates of the implementation are the following day.
- *2 Operation for routes and flight numbers not listed in the table above are not planned at this time. Announcement will be made once flights are scheduled.
ANA will continue to maintain its cargo network in the next fiscal year, while adding charter flights and additional flights to accommodate demand.
Period: March 26, 2023 to October 28, 2023
- 1: The number of flights for the current service are according to the fiscal year 2022 flight schedule for the second half, therefore the actual number of flights may differ.
- 2: In addition to the above flights, non-scheduled and/or charter flights are expected to be added.
Peach will update the flight frequency for the following select routes.
- As demand from foreign visitors to Japan recovers, Peach will resume daily service on the Kansai-Bangkok route.
- We will announce the details of flight numbers for other routes as soon as the flight plan is finalized.
About ANA HOLDINGS
Founded in 1952 with just two helicopters, All Nippon Airways (ANA) has grown to become the largest airline in Japan. ANA HOLDINGS Inc. (ANA HD) was established in 2013 as the largest airline group holding company in Japan, comprising 69 companies including ANA and Peach Aviation, the leading LCC in Japan.
ANA is a launch customer and the largest operator of the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, making ANA HD the biggest Dreamliner owner in the world. A member of Star Alliance since 1999, ANA has joint venture agreements with United Airlines, Lufthansa German Airlines, Swiss International Airlines and Austrian Airlines – giving it a truly global presence.
The airline’s legacy of superior service has helped it earn SKYTRAX’s respected 5-Star rating every year since 2013, with ANA being the only Japanese airline to win this prestigious designation for 10 consecutive years. ANA also has been recognized by Air Transport World as “Airline of the Year” three times (2007, 2013 and 2018); it is one of only a select few airlines to win this prominent award multiple times.
In 2021, ANA was awarded the 5-star COVID-19 safety rating by SKYTRAX, recognizing the airline’s initiatives to provide a safe, clean and hygienic environment at airports and aboard aircraft, embodied in the ANA Care Promise.
ANA is the only company in the aviation industry to receive the Gold Class distinction from the 2022 S&P Global Sustainability Awards and ANA HD has been selected as a member of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index list for the sixth consecutive year and the Dow Jones Sustainability Asia Pacific Index list for the seventh consecutive year.
For more information, please refer to the following link:
ANA Corporate Communications
Source: All Nippon Airways (ANA)