Programme recognizes consistent delivery of exceptional customer experience
Montreal, 2018-Jul-17 — /Travel PR News/ — Airports Council International (ACI) World is delighted to announce the 2018 inductees into the ACI Director General’s Roll of Excellence.
The honour recognizes those airports which, in the opinion of their passengers, have consistently delivered excellence in customer service. Passengers are surveyed by the ACI Airport Service Quality programme, the only worldwide service quality measurement and benchmarking service that questions passengers while at the airport.
The ACI Director General’s Roll of Excellence identifies airports that have been ranked as one of the top five airports by size or region in five of the last ten years in the ASQ Survey.
This year’s inductees are:
- Queen Alia International Airport (Amman, Jordan)
- Haikou Meilan International Airport (Hainan, China)
- Sanya Phoenix International Airport (Sanya, China)
- Chongqing Jiangbei International Airport (Chongqing, China)
- Narita International Airport (Narita, Japan)
- Sheremetyevo International Airport (Moscow, Russia)
- Tampa International Airport (Florida, United States)
“The Roll of Excellence provides special recognition for airports that consistently deliver an exceptional customer experience over time,” said Angela Gittens, Director General, ACI World. “In an increasingly competitive airport industry operating environment, continuous service improvement is a key ingredient in business performance.
“I extend my warmest congratulations to the inductees and I am confident that they will continue to be a role model for airport service quality excellence and work with us to raise the bar in service standards and best practices within the industry. I look forward to formally inducting them onto the Roll of Excellence at the ACI Customer Excellence Global Summit in Halifax, Nova Scotia on 12 September.”
The ACI ASQ Survey measures passengers’ appraisal of 34 key performance indicators on the day they travel, allowing airports to get an accurate picture of traveller sentiment. ASQ has been designed for airports of all sizes seeking to measure their passenger service performance and to benchmark it against other similarly sized airports with the overarching objective of offering more effective and efficient ways to serve the flying public.
The ACI Director General’s Roll of Excellence was established in 2011 to provide additional recognition to those airports which, in the opinion of the passengers in the Airport Service Quality (ASQ) Survey, have consistently delivered excellent services. Since 2011, 48 airports have been inducted onto the Roll of Excellence.
Notes for editors
1. Airports Council International (ACI), the trade association of the world’s airports, was founded in 1991 with the objective of fostering cooperation among its member airports and other partners in world aviation, including the International Civil Aviation Organization, the International Air Transport Association and the Civil Air Navigation Services Organisation. In representing the best interests of airports during key phases of policy development, ACI makes a significant contribution toward ensuring the global air transport system is safe, secure, efficient and environmentally sustainable. As of January 2018, provisional figures show that ACI serves 641 members operating 1,953 airports in 176 countries.
Telephone: +1 514 373 1223
Manager, External Relations and Special Events
Telephone: +1 514 373 1254