Riverfront conversion among several recent regional signings, reinforcing voco hotels’ position as IHG Hotels & Resorts’ fastest-growing premium brand
(IN SHORT) voco hotels, a part of IHG Hotels & Resorts, has announced the signing of its 25th property in the Americas, located in Missoula, Montana. voco Missoula Downtown will be situated along the Clark Fork riverfront, offering 193 guest rooms, a fitness center, indoor pool, and over 12,000 square feet of meeting and event space. The brand’s conversion-friendly model, combining local character with global brand quality, has led to its rapid growth. voco aims to have 200 global in-system hotels by 2028, maintaining its position as IHG’s fastest-growing premium brand. Other recent signings include properties in Montreal, Myrtle Beach, Puebla Downtown, and Sunnyvale, California, further expanding voco’s reach in the Americas.
(PRESS RELEASE) ATLANTA, GA, 2023-Nov-15 — /Travel PR News/ —voco hotels – part of IHG Hotels & Resorts (IHG), one of the world’s leading hotel companies with more than 6,200 destinations across 19 brands announced the signing of its 25th Americas property in Missoula, Mont., nearly three years after launching in the region. The soon-to-renovate voco Missoula Downtown is the latest extension of voco hotels’ conversion-friendly model which combines the local character and charm of an independent property with the quality and reassurance of a respected global brand.
Scheduled to open in mid-2025 under the ownership of McDermid Management, voco Missoula Downtown will sit along the scenic Clark Fork riverfront and within two miles of the University of Montana. The brand’s first Montana property will feature 193 guest rooms along with a fitness center, indoor pool and more than 12,000 square feet of meeting and event space. Guests also can experience voco hotels’ “Come on in,” “Me time” and “voco life” hallmarks, which foster an inviting arrival through a swift check-in, warm and friendly hosted service, locally inspired welcome treats, and vibrant bar lounge and restaurant spaces.
voco Missoula Downtown joins a roster of more than 100* signed and opened voco hotels across more than 20 countries, bringing the brand closer to its goal of reaching 200 global in-system hotels by 2028 and maintaining its status as IHG’s fastest-growing premium brand. voco hotels’ accelerated growth stems largely from a soft design and operational framework conducive to conversions, which account for more than half of its roster of open and forthcoming global hotels. This flexibility has enabled the brand to quickly grow its Americas foothold across major metropolitan areas including Chicago and New York City, resort communities such as St. Augustine, and college towns such as Columbia, Mo.
Matt Frankiewicz, SVP, Development, Americas for IHG Hotels & Resorts, said: “Only three years after its Americas introduction – and five years after its global launch – voco hotels already is a true success story among IHG’s premium brands. We continue to grow by empowering owners to implement unique visions for an existing property while aligning elements of its legacy, character and surrounding community with modern brand features. We’re excited to bring voco hotels to other highly visible and prominent locations and introduce even more travelers to all that the brand has to offer.”
voco Missoula Downtown is the latest in a series of new-build and conversion signings that have expanded the brand’s reach and accelerated growth pace in the Americas.
This list of planned regional properties also includes:
- voco Montreal: The new-build downtown Montreal hotel will be the brand’s first Canadian property, bringing the voco hotels experience to a new international market. Located a short distance from the Montreal Convention Center, University of Montreal Health Centre and the gateway to Old Montreal, voco Montreal will offer 59 guest rooms and spacious restaurant and lobby lounge concepts upon its targeted 2025 opening.
- voco Myrtle Beach: A renovation and repositioning of a previous boardwalk-adjacent hotel, voco Myrtle Beach will mark the brand’s South Carolina debut. Featuring 241 guest rooms spanning nine stories, the hotel will welcome outdoor engagement and relaxation through a revamped oceanside lawn area, indoor and outdoor pools, and the addition of a lazy river and tiki bar. voco Myrtle Beach is projected to begin construction later this year ahead of a planned early 2025 opening.
- voco Royalty Puebla Downtown: The brand’s fourth open or in-pipeline property in Mexico, voco Royalty Puebla Downtown will assume a coveted space along the city’s highly traveled main square. A conversion of an existing prominent independent hotel, the hotel’s 42 guest rooms and common areas emphasize a design theme that pays homage to the city’s rich, colonial architecture and proud culture. The hotel is on track to begin construction in spring 2024, with a planned summer 2025 opening to follow.
- voco Ardez Hotel Sunnyvale: This hotel will sit at the heart of California’s famed Silicon Valley and within 10 miles of the campuses of Google, Apple, Yahoo!, LinkedIn and PayPal. The 51-room hotel will nourish guests through a unique restaurant concept and grab-and-go market. Also located within a few miles of San Jose International Airport, Levi’s Stadium and Stanford University, voco Ardez Hotel Sunnyvale tentatively is scheduled to open in summer 2024.
The five new Americas signings continue an exciting second half of the year for voco hotels. In July, the newly rebranded voco Fiorello – LaGuardia East hotel opened near its namesake New York City airport, offering travelers 114 rooms filled with sophisticated, aviation-inspired décor and property-wide sustainable features including electric vehicle charging stations. The brand also anticipates opening new hotels in Mexico City, Cincinnati, and Sarasota and Destin, Fla. – among others – in the coming months.
*Figures as of Q3 2023.
IHG Hotels & Resorts [LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global hospitality company, with a purpose to provide True Hospitality for Good.
With a family of 19 hotel brands and IHG One Rewards, one of the world’s largest hotel loyalty programmes, IHG has over 6,200 open hotels in over 100 countries, and more than 2,000 in the development pipeline.
- Luxury & Lifestyle: Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Vignette Collection, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo
- Premium: voco hotels, HUALUXE Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, EVEN Hotels
- Essentials: Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express, avid hotels
- Suites: Atwell Suites, Staybridge Suites, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Candlewood Suites
- Exclusive Partners: Iberostar Beachfront Resorts
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group’s holding company and is incorporated and registered in England and Wales. Approximately 345,000 people work across IHG’s hotels and corporate offices globally.
Visit us online for more about our hotels and reservations and IHG One Rewards. To download the new IHG One Rewards app, visit the Apple App or Google Play stores.
For our latest news, visit our Newsroom and follow us on LinkedIn.
About voco hotels
voco hotels combines the reassurance of a big brand with the informality and charm of an individual hotel, providing guests with a dependably premium experience. The name, voco, means ‘to invite’ and ‘call together’ originating from Latin, representing the brand’s thoughtful, unstuffy and charming nature. voco’s well put-together hotels combine memorable moments and high-quality touches, from indulgent amenities to big, comfy beds. Guests will always receive a warm welcome during a swift check in, a comfy room perfect for unwinding and relaxing, and vibrant bar and restaurant spaces that provide plenty of opportunity to connect and socialise. For more information and to book, visit www.vocohotels.com, and stay connected with us on Facebook, Instagram and X (formerly known as Twitter).