LONDON, 2014-12-11 — /Travel PR News/ — easyJet, the UK’s largest airline, has announced it will operate 20 new routes next summer including three for both Newcastle and Bristol which it expects to carry more than 67,000 passengers across and one for Luton, where easyJet will base three more aircraft next year. A ninth aircraft will also be based at Manchester to match increased demand which sees new flights to Spilt in Croatia and the Greek island of Kefalonia, the largest of the Ionian Islands in western Greece.
There is also a regional airport focus with new routes to Menorca from Southend and from the Isle of Man to Bristol – adding a further connection to the UK mainland which is set to be popular amongst leisure and business passengers alike. Including the new routes, there are now 741 routes on sale at easyJet.com spanning 32 countries.
The announcement follows the news last month of 26 new routes together with four entirely new destinations including Essaouira in Morocco – becoming the only UK airline to fly to the up and coming surf and beach destination.
Sophie Dekkers, easyJet’s UK Director, said:
“We’re pleased to be continuing our growth with additional new routes for next summer placed on sale today.”
“This underlines our commitment to both leisure and business passengers across the UK, making it easy and affordable for them to connect to a choice of summer destinations and we expect our new routes to be especially popular.”
Customers can look forward to taking advantage of new routes from across the UK, including:
London Luton to Split, from £38.99 one-way*
Manchester to Split, from £32.99 one-way*
Manchester to Kefalonia, from £34.99 one-way*
Isle of Man to Bristol, from £25.99 one way*
London Southend to Menorca, from £30.99 one way*
*Fares per person, based on two people travelling on the same booking
easyJet’s Flexi fare offers unlimited date changes, 20kg hold luggage, up front seat selection, easyJet Plus bag drop, fast track security, speedy boarding, and no payment fees. easyJet flies to more primary airports than any other airline in Europe with a leading presence on Europe’s top 100 routes.
easyJet has bases across 11 UK airports and currently has 741 routes on sale to destinations across Europe, the Middle East, North Africa and Russia – over 390 of which touch the UK.
See more at easyjet.com
Full new route list is as follows:
• Lisbon (LIS) – Ponta Delgada (PDL)
• Hamburg (HAM) – Bologna (BLQ)
• Hamburg (HAM) – Paris Orly (ORY)
• Hamburg (HAM) – Alicante (ALC)
• Hamburg (HAM) – Pisa (PSA)
• Hamburg (HAM) – Heraklion (HER)
• Hamburg (HAM) – Thessaloniki (SKG)
• Bristol (BRS) – Bilbao (BIO)
• Bristol (BRS) – Isle Of Man (IOM)
• Bristol (BRS) – Zakinthos (ZTH)
• London Luton (LTN) – Split (SPU)
• Newcastle Intl (NCL) – Split (SPU)
• Newcastle Intl (NCL) – Rhodes (RHO)
• Newcastle Intl (NCL) – Corfu (CFU)
• Manchester Intl (MAN) – Kefalonia (EFL)
• Manchester Intl (MAN) – Split (SPU)
• London Southend (SEN) – Menorca (MAH)
• Amsterdam (AMS) – Palermo (PMO)
• Amsterdam (AMS) – Corfu (CFU)
• Amsterdam (AMS) – Ibiza (IBZ)