- megabus.com to serve more than 30 towns and cities on Christmas Day across UK and mainland Europe
- Scottish Citylink to run special Hogmanay services in Scotland
- Oxford Tube services to operate on Christmas Day
PERTH, Scotland, 2014-10-28 — /Travel PR News/ — Stagecoach will keep passengers connected this Christmas by running coach services throughout the festive season across the UK and mainland Europe.
The Perth-based transport group will run its megabus.com, megabusGold.com, Scottish Citylink and Oxford Tube coach services during the festive period, helping people travel across the country to enjoy seasonal festivities.
Market-leading budget coach service megabus.com will again run services on Christmas Day this year, serving 17 locations across England and Wales including London, Bristol, Cardiff, Birmingham, Manchester, Leicester, Loughborough and Sheffield.
megabus.com will serve a further 14 locations on mainland Europe on Christmas Day, including Paris, Barcelona, Amsterdam, Cologne and Brussels.
On all other days throughout Christmas and New Year, including New Year’s Day, megabus.com will operate a near-normal service on most routes across the UK. Passengers are, however, advised to double check the times of their specific journeys as there may be slight changes to some routes or timetables compared to other times of the year.
The company’s megabus.com Europe services will serve all locations each day throughout the festive season, including on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day, although there may be a reduced service on some routes.
A full service on all routes will operate from the company’s new Brussels base throughout the whole festive season, including on Christmas Day.
megabusGold.com overnight sleepercoach services will also continue to run throughout the majority of the festive season with the exception of Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and New Year’s Eve.
In Scotland, Scottish Citylink services will continue to operate, on a reduced number of routes, every day over Christmas and New Year with the exception of Christmas Day when there will be no services.
Scottish Citylink has also announced that it will once again run special coach services for people travelling home from the Edinburgh Hogmanay celebrations.
The coach operator, which is a joint venture between Stagecoach and international transport group ComfortDelGro, will run coaches from the Scottish capital to 11 locations across Scotland – Glasgow, Kinross, Perth, Dundee, Dunfermline, Kirkcaldy, Glenrothes, St Andrews, Livingston, Falkirk and Stirling – after the official New Year celebrations have ended in Edinburgh.
On 1 January 2015, Scottish Citylink will operate a limited service to a number of towns and cities across Scotland including Edinburgh, Glasgow, Perth, Kinross, Dundee, Forfar, Aberdeen, Aviemore, Inverness, Stirling and Falkirk.
Europe’s most frequent express coach service The Oxford Tube – also part of Stagecoach Group – will operate its services between Oxford and London throughout the festive period, including on Christmas Day.
And on New Year’s Eve, a special Oxford Tube timetable will operate for people attending New Year celebrations in London, with additional coaches operating where possible throughout the evening on New Year’s Eve as well as services running after midnight.
Edward Hodgson, Managing Director of megabus.com and Scottish Citylink, said: “Christmas and New Year can be a hectic and expensive time of year for many people. We are pleased to be playing our part to help keep costs down by offering great value coach travel throughout the festive period. We hope our festive services will make it easier for people to visit family and friends, whether they are in the UK or mainland Europe.”
For further information on megabus.com visit www.megabus.com
To find out more about Scottish Citylink visit www.citylink.co.uk
For more on the Oxford Tube visit www.oxfordtube.com
For media enquiries, please contact: Stagecoach Group Communications on 01738 442111 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to Editors:
• Stagecoach Group is a leading international public transport group, with extensive operations in the UK, United States and Canada. The Group employs around 35,000 people, and operates bus, coach, train, and tram services.
• Stagecoach is one of UK’s biggest bus and coach operators with around 8,000 buses and coaches. Around 2.5 million passengers travel on Stagecoach’s buses every day on a network stretching from south-west England to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. The Group’s business includes major city bus operations in London, Liverpool, Newcastle, Hull, Manchester, Oxford, Sheffield and Cambridge. Low-cost coach service, megabus.com, operates between more than 100 towns and cities across the UK and mainland Europe.
• Stagecoach is a major UK rail operator, running the South West Trains, Island Line and East Midlands Trains networks. It has a 49% shareholding in Virgin Rail Group, which operates the West Coast inter-city rail franchise.
• Stagecoach also operates the Supertram light rail network in Sheffield.
• In North America, Stagecoach operates around 2,900 buses and coaches in the United States and Canada. Megabus.com links around 130 key locations in North America. Stagecoach is also involved in operating commuter and transit services, contracted bus services, charters, sightseeing tours and a small number of school bus services.