Focus on expanding both megabus.com and Scottish Citylink operations in the UK and Europe
Perth, Scotland, 2014-6-30 — /Travel PR News/ — Transport operator Stagecoach has announced changes to the management structure of its UK Coach division to deliver further expansion of its coach operations in the UK and Europe.
From 1 July 2014, Elizabeth Esnouf, current Managing Director of Coaches and Special Activities, will focus on managing Stagecoach’s megabus.com network in the UK and Europe. Her role will also include responsibility for Stagecoach’s cross-border services between Scotland and England.
Responsibility for Scottish Citylink will pass to Edward Hodgson, Managing Director of Stagecoach West Scotland. He has been appointed Managing Director of Scottish Citylink, a role he will carry out in addition to his existing post at West Scotland.
As Managing Director of Scottish Citylink, Edward will focus on the continued growth and development of the internal Scottish express services operated wholly within Scotland and provided under both the Scottish Citylink and megabus.com brands.
Stagecoach UK Bus Managing Director Robert Montgomery said: “This is an exciting time for our coach networks across the UK and in Europe and it’s important that we have the correct management structure in place to help develop both our Scottish Citylink and megabus.com operations in the future.
“Coach travel is growing – we believe there are opportunities ahead for us to further expand the services we can offer customers and we look forward to fulfilling that potential. I would like to welcome both Edward and Elizabeth into their new roles.”
Elizabeth Esnouf was appointed Olympic Project Director in 2011 and played a key role in Stagecoach’s successful contract to deliver athlete and media transport at the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. Her previous permanent role was as Operations Director at Stagecoach’s regional bus company in the Midlands, England. She was appointed Managing Director of Coaches and Special Activities in December 2012.
Elizabeth Esnouf said: “Our recent megabus.com expansion into south-west France and Spain is great news for passengers looking for a low-cost journey to Europe.
“megabus.com has revolutionised coach travel since its launch in 2003 and I am proud to be taking it forward into a new stage of development which will bring our great value travel options to even more people.”
Edward Hodgson was previously Commercial Director at Stagecoach South before spending three years in the US in the role of Director of megabus.com where he successfully developed the rapid expansion of the inter-city and inter-state megabus.com network in North America. He was appointed Managing Director of Stagecoach West Scotland in December 2011.
Edward Hodgson said: “The Scottish Citylink coach network is one of the most important transport operations in Scotland and our services are relied upon by thousands of people every day.
“Our routes already cover the majority of Scotland but we know we can continue to improve and expand what we offer to our customers and I look forward to being part of that going forward.”
Further information about Stagecoach Group can be found at www.stagecoach.com
For media enquiries, please contact: Stagecoach Group Communications on 01738 442111 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTES TO EDITORS
• Stagecoach Group is a leading international public transport group, with extensive operations in the UK, United States and Canada. The Group employs around 35,000 people, and operates bus, coach, train, and tram services.
• Stagecoach is one of UK’s biggest bus and coach operators with around 8,000 buses and coaches. Around 2.5 million passengers travel on Stagecoach’s buses every day on a network stretching from south-west England to the Highlands and Islands of Scotland. The Group’s business includes major city bus operations in London, Liverpool, Newcastle, Hull, Manchester, Oxford, Sheffield and Cambridge. Low-cost coach service, megabus.com, operates between around 60 towns and cities across the UK.
• Stagecoach is a major UK rail operator, running the South West Trains, Island Line and East Midlands Trains networks. It has a 49% shareholding in Virgin Rail Group, which operates the West Coast inter-city rail franchise.
• Stagecoach also operates the Supertram light rail network in Sheffield.
• In North America, Stagecoach operates around 2,900 buses and coaches in the United States and Canada. Megabus.com links around 130 key locations in North America. Stagecoach is also involved in operating commuter and transit services, contracted bus services, charters, sightseeing tours and a small number of school bus services.