Miami, FL, 2018-Dec-07 — /Travel PR News/ — Ultra-luxury cruise leader Silversea unveils a collection of 34 shore excursions, carefully designed for its new 16-voyage Cuba collection for 2019 and 2020. Taking guests closer to the authentic natural beauty and amazing cultural and historical treasures of the Caribbean island nation, the onshore experiences in Havana, Santiago de Cuba and Cienfuegos will provide immersion into the local way of life. Enhancing the cruise experience, the shore excursions will showcase the most important attractions in and around each city with Silversea’s trademark destination expertise.
“We are pleased to launch a diverse array of tailor-made experiences that will enable our guests to travel deeper to discover and appreciate a land seemingly frozen in time, yet filled with awe-inspiring scenery, extraordinary people, and a vibrant culture,” says Adria Bono, Silversea’s Director of Shore Excursions.
From visits to World Heritage-listed sites and inspired musical performances to visits to local art galleries and amazing nature discoveries, the authentic beauty of Cuba will be showcased on excursions such as:
- The Havana by Classic American Car
Whether riding in a colorful Pontiac, Chevy or Cadillac, guests on this unique excursion will experience Havana in authentic 1950s style from the comfort of a vintage American car. Under the knowledgeable guidance of a private driver and guide, guests will journey through the colorful city and along the spectacular waterfront. The excursion will also features a cocktail at the historic Hotel Nacional de Cuba and panoramic drive, which will showcase the Plaza de la Revolución, El Malecón, landmarks, churches, city parks, Miramar, the Nelson Domínguez Gallery, and more iconic attractions.
- Hemingway’s Havana a nature reserve of steep cliffs and some of the largest bird colonies in the northern hemisphere, offers opportunities for guests to spot puffins, guillemots, black-legged kittiwakes, and other remarkable seabirds. A pair of 10-day voyages aboard Silver Cloud, departing July 2 and 12, will incorporate stops in this spectacular destination as they focus on Norway’s extraordinary Svalbard region, with its stunning fjords and glaciers. Guests also stand to witness amazing wildlife in Svalbard. Ernest Hemingway’s well-documented love of Cuba is explored on this panoramic sightseeing excursion to his favorite local haunts. During this enriching adventure, guests visit Hemingway’s former home, Finca Vigía, in the town of San Francisco de Paula; the Hemingway Monument in Cojimar, the fishing village that inspired the novel “The Old Man and the Sea”; and several of Hemingway’s hangouts, located in the World Heritage-listed Old Havana.
- Legendarios del Guajirito — The Spirit of the Buena Vista Social Club
At a venerable cabaret-style venue, guests will feel the authentic rhythm of Havana with ‘Legendarios del Guajirito,’ an exclusive live performance by the renowned Buena Vista Social Club—a Grammy-winning ensemble of musicians. Guests will be transported back to 1950s Havana in a stirring nightclub ambiance, where they will enjoy cocktails and mingle with band members.
- Birthplace of the Revolution
The colonial and wartime history of Cuba is unlocked during this scenic and informative journey to the famous sites of the Cuban Revolution and the Spanish-American War. Among the tour’s highlights are visits to the historic district, with its colorful colonial buildings and bustling Céspedes Park; the Moncada Barracks; Santa Ifigenia Cemetery; Plaza de la Revolución; and San Juan Hill, where Teddy Roosevelt’s Rough Riders rode to victory during the Spanish-American War in 1898.sites.
- El Cobre
Guests will gain an appreciation of Cuba’s religious heritage, music, cuisine and history on an adventure to the old mining center of El Cobre. Set in the Sierra Maestra foothills, the town is home to the Basílica de Nuestra Señora, one of Cuba’s most important religious sites. The excursion also features a musical performance by the local steel band; a drive through Santiago, which will spotlight such historic sites as the Plaza de la Revolución and San Juan Hill; plus a visit to a local restaurant for an authentic Cuban lunch.
- Colonial Trinidad
This panoramic journey into central Cuba provides an immersive experience of World Heritage-listed Trinidad. Guests will travel back in time on a stroll through the Old Town, admiring cobblestone streets, a neo-baroque main square, grand colonial buildings, and beautiful old churches. A visit to the Potter’s House reveals artisans at work in a traditional open-air workshop. Afterwards, stops will be made at a local artist’s gallery, then for refreshments and lunch. After lunch, guests will visit the Municipal Museum of Trinidad to explore relics of the city’s past, before visiting the panoramic Valley of the Sugar Mills observation point.
- Natural Beauty of El Nicho
The stunning natural beauty surrounding Cienfuegos is the focus of this memorable hiking and sightseeing adventure to El Nicho. A guided hiking trek along the forested trails of El Nicho, one of Cuba’s most pristine locales, showcases cascading waterfalls, virgin forests and towering mountains. Guests will visit the village of Crucecitas and San Juan Peak for breathtaking panoramic vistas that overlook central and western Cuba from approximately 3,800 feet (1,158 meters) above sea level. There’s also a stop for lunch, a visit to the Jobero Verde Community Project, and free time to explore the historical center of Cienfuegos.
A detailed program and prices will be available on MySilversea 120 days prior to sailing dates.
Silver Wind will have the distinction of inaugurating Silversea’s new Cuban collection when she sets sail on a 7-day voyage on February 14, 2019, from San Juan to Fort Lauderdale, calling at Havana, Santiago de Cuba, and the Bahamian island of Bimini. Four further voyages in 2019, including a 14-night sailing aboard Silver Whisper, will precede 11 voyages in 2020. A sample of Silversea’s itineraries in Cuba includes:
- 5906 – Silversea’s recently lengthened Silver Spirit will depart San Juan on February 22, 2019, for Fort Lauderdale (Florida). Guests will visit Santiago de Cuba, George Town (Grand Cayman), Cienfuegos, La Habana, and Bimini in the Bahamas, developing a deep appreciation for local culture through Silversea’s bespoke shore excursions. Fares begin from USD 4,700 per person, based on two sharing.
- 2912 – This 10-day voyage aboard Silver Wind will give guests the chance to travel deeper into Cuba’s fascinating culture. Departing San Juan on March 31, 2019, the ship will spend an overnight in Santiago de Cuba, before calling at George Town (Grand Cayman), Cienfuegos, La Habana, and Bimini in the Bahamas, prior to arriving in Fort Lauderdale (Florida) on April 10. Fares begin from USD 4,700 per person, based on two sharing.
- 2913 – Departing Fort Lauderdale (Florida) on April 10, 2019, Silver Wind will call at Santiago de Cuba, La Habana, Nassau (Paradise Island), and Bimini in the Bahamas, before returning to Fort Lauderdale on April 19. This 9-day voyage will spotlight the region’s highlights for guests, enabling them to delve deeper into the destination. Fares begin from USD 4,200 per person, based on two sharing.
Aboard Silversea’s ships, guests enjoy ocean-view suites, sumptuous cuisine, and the personalized service of a butler. Enriching the experience are such all-inclusive amenities as complimentary premium wines and spirits, specialty coffees, bottled water, juices and soft drinks served throughout the ship; an in-suite bar, stocked with guests’ preferences; an in-suite 24-hour dining service; and unlimited complimentary Wi-Fi.
For more information, please visit https://www.silversea.com/cuba-cruises.html
Silversea Cruises, in which Manfredi Lefebvre d’Ovidio serves as Executive Chairman, is recognized as an innovator in the ultra-luxury cruise line industry, offering guests large-ship amenities aboard its intimate, all-suite vessels: Silver Wind, Silver Shadow, Silver Whisper, Silver Spirit and Silver Muse – all designed to offer an atmosphere of conviviality and casual elegance. With the inclusion of the expedition ships Silver Explorer, Silver Galapagos, Silver Discoverer, and with Silver Cloud recently joining the Expedition fleet, Silversea’s itineraries encompass all seven continents and feature worldwide luxury cruises to the Mediterranean, Caribbean, both Polar Regions and hundreds of fascinating destinations in between. Silversea is also looking forward to the launch of five new ultra-luxury ships. Browse Silversea’s new blog Discover and subscribe to receive the latest content directly into your inbox.
Recent News from Silversea:
- Silversea Cruises Announces Momentous Program of Voyages to Cuba
Ultra-luxury cruise leader Silversea has launched a new collection of voyages to Cuba, enabling guests of all nationalities to discover the remarkable destination. Departing for Cuba from the United States for the first time in the cruise line’s history, the 17 voyages will unlock authentic experiences for Silversea’s guests, showcasing the best of the country through immersive land excursions in various destinations.
- Silversea’s Successful Venetian Society Voyage 2018 Sets High Standards For Next Year’s
Edition Silversea’s greatly anticipated Venetian Society voyage concluded emphatically in Lisbon on October 18, following a varied itinerary which incorporated a number of unique, bespoke events. Among these was the creation of a castell in Barcelona, which featured 120 performers standing atop one another to create a human tower. Hosted by Fernando Barroso De Oliveira, Silversea’s Executive Chairman’s ambassador to the Venetian Society, the annual voyage unlocked authentic events, activities, receptions and other privileges exclusively for Venetian Society. The next reunions will be in 2019, in occasion of Silversea’s 25th anniversary, and in 2020 aboard Silver Moon.
- Silversea Unlocks Authentic Beauty in Both Polar Regions on Extraordinary Expedition Voyages
With 2018 marking 10 years of luxury expedition cruising for Silversea and its guests, the industry-leading cruise line takes the opportunity to highlight an array of polar expedition itineraries for summer 2019 and winter 2019/2020. The voyages will enable guests to travel deeper into the otherworldly landscapes of both Polar Regions, in ultimate comfort, as they journey closer to the authentic beauty of the world.
Source: Silversea Cruises