Web-based system, available to the public, allows users to view flight tracks and noise around Airport
SAN FRANCISCO, CA, 2019-Oct-18 — /Travel PR News/ — The San Francisco International Airport (SFO) has launched a new online tool to allow users to track aircraft noise. The new Aircraft Noise Tracker, available to the public, gives users a near real-time look at actual flight tracks and noise levels around the Airport.
“We know aircraft noise is an important issue for communities around SFO,” said Airport Director Ivar C. Satero. “With this new online tool, residents now have access to the same information used by our Aircraft Noise Abatement Office to track the impact of aircraft noise around our Airport.”
The new Aircraft Noise Tracker offers the following features:
- Ability to find a specific aircraft, including aircraft type, altitude, and origin/destination
- Location feature, which allows users to input a specific address to view flight activity and noise in their area
- Display of actual community noise levels, as reported by noise monitoring devices deployed by SFO
- Replay and investigation of historical flight information
- Configurable map layers, including major SFO arrival and departure patterns, weather, and noise contours
- Ability to submit a Noise Report to SFO’s Aircraft Noise Abatement Office (coming end of October)
For more information about aircraft noise, including access to the new Aircraft Noise Tracker, please visit www.flysfo.com/noise.
About San Francisco International Airport
San Francisco International Airport (SFO) offers non-stop flights to more than 51 international cities on 43 international carriers. The Bay Area’s largest airport connects non-stop with 86 cities in the U.S. on 12 domestic airlines. SFO is proud to offer upgraded free Wi-Fi with no advertising. For up-to-the-minute departure and arrival information, airport maps and details on shopping, dining, cultural exhibitions, ground transportation and more, visit www.flysfo.com. Follow us on www.twitter.com/flysfo and www.facebook.com/flysfo.
Public Information Officer
External Affairs Office
San Francisco International Airport
Source: San Francisco International Airport