Royal Caribbean’s Navigator of the Seas Sets Sail from Los Angeles for the First Time
MIAMI, FL, 2021-Nov-23 — /Travel PR News/ — Royal Caribbean International is back in California after more than a decade, and it’s rolling out the red carpet for families and travelers of all ages looking to get away on a memorable vacation. The cruise line’s bold and adventure-packed Navigator of the Seas set sail from Los Angeles today (Nov. 19, 2021), beginning its highly anticipated year-round season of 3-night weekend to 4- and 5-night weekday cruises to Catalina Island, California, and the Mexican Riviera.
Now cruising from the City of Angels, Navigator premieres the ultimate getaway that combines adventures ashore, in destinations like Ensenada and Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, and on board – from the longest waterslide at sea to the industry’s first standalone blow-dry bar.
Guests who cruise on Navigator can enjoy a $115 million series of enhancements introduced on board the ship in 2019.
There’s a star-studded lineup of never-before-seen experiences and fan favorites, including:
- Resort-style pool – Kids and adults alike enjoy Caribbean vibes from day to night, thanks to vibrant colors, a variety of seating – from in-pool loungers to casitas – live music, and the three-level poolside bar known as The Lime & Coconut.
- The Blaster – The longest aqua coaster at sea propels thrill seekers through more than 800 feet of dips, drops and turns.
- Riptide – The industry’s only headfirst mat racer waterslide joins The Blaster and Navigator’s lineup of top-deck thrills. A highlight, the exhilarating finish through a translucent tube that goes off the side of the ship makes for inspiring ocean views.
- To Dry For – The first standalone blow-dry bar at sea. For a quick fix to seamlessly transition from a day out to getting ready for a night out on the town, there is a menu of services that includes blowouts to hairstyling.
- The Bamboo Room – Royal Caribbean’s take on the tiki-chic bar and lounge serves up spice-infused handcrafted drinks and shareable bites.
- Playmakers Sports Bar & Arcade – Families can enjoy gameday classics, 50 big-screen TVs, tabletop games, classic arcade hits alongside bar bites, ice-cold beer and zero-proof cocktails for the kids.
- Adventure Ocean and teens spaces – Kids 11 and under have a redesigned venue that sports an open format made for free play and where young travelers can easily switch between types of activity. Teens have an enhanced dedicated space with games, movies, music and more in The Living Room and a private outdoor patio called The Back Deck.
- Royal Escape Room: The Observatorium – A challenge for teams of families, friends or fellow travelers to solve mind-bending puzzles before time runs out
Also new to Navigator as part of its major makeover are Hooked Seafood, serving up fresh New England-inspired dishes like just-shucked oysters, Johnny Rockets Express, Starbucks and Jamie’s Italian, with a menu of rustic Italian recipes – including fresh pastas – from celebrity chef Jamie Oliver. Many returning favorites take the stage as well, including the FlowRider surf simulator, rock climbing wall, the Studio B ice-skating rink, Far East flavors at Izumi and a new mini golf course.
The biggest, boldest vacation along the West Coast, Navigator features something for everyone to spend quality time together and on their own on a short getaway. And for vacationers looking to take more time off, they can choose from several 7-night sailings that visit beach-lovers paradises like Puerto Vallarta and Mazatlan, Mexico.
For more details about Navigator and cruises from L.A., visit Royal Caribbean’s website.
About Royal Caribbean International
Royal Caribbean International has been delivering innovation at sea for more than 50 years. Each successive class of ships is an architectural marvel featuring the latest technology and guest experiences for today’s adventurous traveler. The cruise line continues to revolutionize vacations with itineraries to more than 270 destinations in 72 countries on six continents, including Royal Caribbean’s private island destination in The Bahamas, Perfect Day at CocoCay, the first in the Perfect Day Island Collection. Royal Caribbean has also been voted “Best Cruise Line Overall” for 18 consecutive years in the Travel Weekly Readers’ Choice Awards.
Media can stay up to date by following @RoyalCaribPR on Twitter and visiting RoyalCaribbeanPressCenter.com. For additional information or to make reservations, vacationers can call their travel advisor; visit RoyalCaribbean.com; or call (800) ROYAL-CARIBBEAN.
Source: Royal Caribbean International