MEXICO CITY, Mexico, 2022-Feb-02 — /Travel PR News/ — Travelers in Mexico were drawn to the outdoors last year, as fresh-air beach spa and wellness experiences proved the most popular, according to Spas of America’s annual ranking of consumer preferences.
The Remède Spa at The St. Regis Mexico City captured the No. 1 Mexico Spa in 2021 while Jasha Spa at JW Marriott Los Cabos Resort & Spa in San José Del Cabo, Baja California Sur, was No. 2 and the health-inspired Rancho La Puerta in Tecate, Baja California, was No. 3. Rounding out the top five, The Spa at Thompson Zihuatanejo, Guerrero, was No. 4, and the Remède Spa at St. Regis Punta Mita, Nayarit, was No. 5.
Baja California Sur, with eight spas, had the most spas in the Top 25 Mexico Spas of 2021. Quintana Roo had seven; Nayarit had three; Jalisco had two; and Baja California, Guanajuato, Guerrero, Ciudad de México and Puebla each had one.
“For the Mexico spa and wellness industry, 2021 was a challenging but healthy year. Many hotel and resort spas reported strong revenue, despite facing challenges,” says Spas of America president Craig Oliver. “Despite changing travel guidelines, spa and wellness consumers were drawn to Mexico’s warm hospitality, dramatic vistas, and relaxing beachfront destinations. The United States is the largest travel market to Mexico, followed by Canada and the United Kingdom.”
“As the global wellness economy is set to explode to $7 trillion USD in 2025, and wellness is now paramount, Mexico provides the perfect option to host spa and wellness travelers from around the world,” says Sara Jones, managing director/editor, Spa & Wellness MexiCaribe. “Mexico’s spectacular climate, beaches, variety of food, stunning natural surroundings, and Indigenous wellness traditions offer something for everyone. Open borders, easy access to flights, and COVID testing options readily available for entry requirements to other nations mean that Mexico can cater to a variety of traveler types.”
Search for your favorite Mexico spa at www.spasofamerica.com.
Spas of America’s Top 25 Mexico Spas of 2021
- Remède Spa, The St. Regis Mexico City, Ciudad de México
- Jasha Spa, JW Marriott Los Cabos Resort & Spa, San José Del Cabo, Baja California Sur
- Rancho La Puerta, Tecate, Baja California
- The Spa at Thompson Zihuatanejo, Guerrero
- Remède Spa, St. Regis Punta Mita, Nayarit
- Espíritu Spa, CostaBaja Resort & Spa, La Paz, Baja California Sur
- Waldorf Astoria Spa at Waldorf Astoria Los Cabos Pedregal, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur
- Sense, A Rosewood Spa at San Miguel de Allende, Guanajuato
- Banyan Tree Spa Mayakoba, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo
- The Spa at One&Only Palmilla, San José Del Cabo, Baja California Sur
- Ohtli Spa at The Marriott Puerto Vallarta Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco
- Sense, A Rosewood Spa at Mayakoba, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo
- SE Spa at Grand Velas Riviera Nayarit, Nuevo Vallarta, Nayarit
- Le Blanc Spa Resort Cancún, Cancún, Quintana Roo
- The Spa at Esperanza, Auberge Resorts Collection, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur
- The Gem Spa, Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach, Cancún, Quintana Roo
- Secrets Spa by Pevonia, Secrets Vallarta Bay, Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco
- Willow Stream Spa at Fairmont Mayakoba, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo
- The Spa at Las Ventanas, al Paraiso, A Rosewood Resort, San José Del Cabo, Baja California Sur
- Cenote Spa at Grand Hyatt Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo
- Cartesiano Urban Wellness Retreat, Puebla, Puebla
- SE Spa at Grand Velas Los Cabos, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur
- Nizuc Spa by ESPA, Nizuc Resort & Spa, Cancún, Quintana Roo
- Grand Solmar at Rancho San Lucas Spa, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur
- Apuane Spa, Four Seasons Resort Punta Mita, Nayarit
Source: Google Analytics, January 1–December 31, 2021. Rankings are determined by unique page views of global spa and wellness travel consumers who visit the Spas of America website throughout the year. www.spasofamerica.com