- New routes added to London City’s winter ski holiday roster
- Complements existing SWISS and British Airways services to Zurich and Geneva
- As restrictions ease, Britons expected to flock to the Alps this half-term
London, UK, 2022-Feb-08 — /Travel PR News/ — With this winter’s ski season now back on track, Brits and Europeans are expected to return to the slopes with two new destinations added from London’s most convenient airport.
Starting from the 5th of February, British Airways will fly up to four times per week direct to Chambéry in the French Alps. Chambéry Airport is under 90 minutes away from popular ski resorts the Three Valleys (Courchevel, Méribel and Val Thorens); Megève; Portes du Soleil; Chamonix and La Clusaz.
One day earlier, London City will proudly welcome its first ever direct connection to Austria. Salzburg, known predominantly in the UK for being the birthplace of Mozart, is 60 minutes from the slopes of Kitzbühel, Bad Hofgastein and Zell am See.
Welcoming the routes, the airport’s Head of Aviation, Anne Doyere said:
“We are delighted to be offering a wide range of destinations this winter so our customers can once again enjoy that long-awaited ski holiday.
The upcoming relaxation in travel restrictions will undoubtedly unlock pent-up demand for a half-term holiday to the Alps and whether travelling with family or friends, LCY provides the quickest, most convenient service in the London market. The less time passengers need to spend queueing at the airport, means more time on the slopes.”
In addition to Chambéry and Salzburg, SWISS offers 19 services a week to Zurich, with British Airways offering 17. British Airways also has five services a week to Geneva, while SWISS offers three services to Geneva.
Notes to Editors:
- Please refer to individual airlines’ sports equipment baggage guidance
- Flight operating schedule:
- Salzburg (SZG) Friday/ Saturday from London City Airport (LCY) 07:05-10:00 and returning from SZG to LCY Friday/ Saturday 10:50-11:35
- LCY to Chambéry (CMF) Saturdays 06:45-09:25/ Sundays 14:30-17:10 and returning from CMF to LCY Saturdays 10:10-10.55/ Sundays 18:00-18:45
- The airport’s passenger travel portal can be accessed here: https://travel.londoncityairport.com
- Passengers can search and book flights to all LCY destinations worldwide at https://londoncityairport.netflights.com/
Head of Corporate Affairs
London City Airport
Source: London City Airport