LONDON, 2015-12-4 — /Travel PR News/ — InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG®), one of the world’s leading hotel companies, today announces the global launch of two industry leading initiatives for business travellers. From today, IHG® Assist and IHG® Meeting Point will be rolled out across more than 4,900 IHG hotels to enhance the experience offered to business guests and corporate partners.
Ingrid (Quimby) High, Director, Global Groups & Meetings Strategy, IHG commented: “We are always looking to innovate and improve the services IHG hotels can offer our business travellers. Having listened to the specific needs of our customers, IHG has introduced IHG Assist and IHG Meeting Point to provide a more efficient, simple and streamlined way of working with businesses – whether they are hosting meetings or staying at our hotels. IHG Assist answers the increasing concern for traveller safety and security, and IHG Meeting Point enables us to offer the right meeting space at the right hotel, with an unparalleled level of service and sector-specific expertise. These industry-leading initiatives help build more trust and loyalty with our business guests.”
IHG Assist is an industry leading suite of global initiatives designed to help IHG’s corporate clients address their growing concern for traveller safety and security. It is being implemented in direct response to requests from corporate clients and underscores IHG’s commitment to responsible business practices. As employees visit locations prone to natural disasters or experiencing political or social unrest, these initiatives will help ensure appropriate security measures are put in place. Specifically, these include:
- IHG Assist Groups & Meetings Service: A 24/7 phone line to answer client concerns regarding traveller safety and security.
- IHG Security Consultations: Security consultations between a corporate client’s security team member or travel manager, and a member of IHG’s Global Security Team to address risk assessment concerns and security queries.
- Guest Location Services: Corporate clients will be offered access to information about their employees’ location during times of crisis and emergencies.
IHG Meeting Point:
IHG Meeting Point is part of IHG® Small Meetings Solution – a streamlined approach to small and mid-size meetings, which solves an industry need for higher levels of service. IHG Meeting Point has been introduced as a first-to-market meetings solution for the Pharmaceutical, Automotive, Energy, Technology, Medical Healthcare and Manufacturing industries. With industry-specific regulations and requirements, as well as safety and security issues, these sectors have a very dynamic set of needs. Through a dedicated training portal, tailored by sector, IHG Meeting Point enables IHG hotel employees to develop unrivalled industry-specific knowledge, which directly caters to the needs of our clients. IHG Meeting Point addresses these specific needs in many ways, which includes the following:
- Pharmaceutical companies are driven by a heavy regulated industry in which exclusivity is key – having two pharmaceutical companies staying or hosting events at the same hotel, during the same time is prohibited. IHG Meeting Point allows IHG hotel staff to manage these confidential bookings in a way that ensures no two pharmaceutical companies are staying in, or meeting at, the same hotel at any given time.
- Energy companies value offerings such as the IHG Green Engage™ system, a global standard across the IHG portfolio helping hotels in delivering greater sustainability. IHG Meeting Point helps bring together clients with hotels who meet the advanced ‘Level 3’ criteria for the IHG Green Engage system.
For more information about IHG meeting and events, visit www.ihg.com
+44 (0) 1895 512 864 / +44 (0) 773 674 6627
+44 (0) 1895 512786 / +44 (0) 7966 249513
NOTES TO EDITORS
ABOUT IHG PLC
IHG® (InterContinental Hotels Group) [LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global organisation with a broad portfolio of hotel brands, including InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, HUALUXE® Hotels and Resorts,Crowne Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, Hotel Indigo®, EVEN™ Hotels, Holiday Inn® Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express®,Staybridge Suites® and Candlewood Suites®.
IHG franchises, leases, manages or owns more than 4,900 hotels and 727,000 guest rooms in nearly 100 countries, with more than 1,300 hotels in its development pipeline. IHG also manages IHG® Rewards Club, the world’s first and largest hotel loyalty programme with more than 90 million members worldwide.
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group’s holding company and is incorporated in Great Britain and registered in England and Wales. More than 350,000 people work across IHG’s hotels and corporate offices globally.
Visit www.ihg.com for hotel information and reservations and www.ihgrewardsclub.com for more on IHG Rewards Club. For our latest news, visit: www.ihg.com/media and follow us on social media at: www.twitter.com/ihg, www.facebook.com/ihg and www.youtube.com/ihgplc
SOURCE: InterContinental Hotels Group