Singapore, 2019-Mar-29 — /Travel PR News/ — The International Air Transport Association (IATA) announced the members of the independent judging panel for the IATA Diversity and Inclusion Awards as:
– Angela Gittens, Director General, Airports Council International
– Gloria Guevara, President and CEO, World Travel and Tourism Council
– Mark Pilling, Vice President Publishing and Conferences, FlightGlobal
– Karen Walker, Editor-in-Chief, Air Transport World
“We are honored to have such a renowned and diverse panel of experts as judges for the IATA Diversity and Inclusion Awards. Our aim is to inspire greater diversity and inclusion across the aviation industry by recognizing role models and company initiatives that are driving critical change,” said Alexandre de Juniac, IATA’s Director General and CEO.
IATA also announced the following important changes for nominations:
- Eligibility: The Young High Flyer Award will be extended to nominations from women under the age of 40 (previously 30). This is to better accommodate the contributions made as nominees develop their careers and networks within the industry.
- Deadline: The deadline for all nominations will be extended to Monday 15 April 6 PM Central European Time. This will ensure ample time for any new nominations as a result of category criteria adjustments.
Sponsored by Qatar Airways, the IATA Diversity and Inclusion Awards will honor excellence demonstrated in the categories of: (1) Inspirational Role Model, (2) Young High Flyer and (3) Diversity and Inclusion Team. The first awards will be presented at the conclusion of the 75th IATA Annual General Meeting and World Air Transport Summit to be held in Seoul, South Korea (1-3 June 2019).
Find out more about IATA Diversity and Inclusion Awards.
Notes for Editors:
- IATA (International Air Transport Association) represents some 290 airlines comprising 82% of global air traffic.
- You can follow us at http://twitter.com/iata for announcements, policy positions, and other useful industry information.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: +41 22 770 2967