172-room Hyatt House hotel located in Rochester, Minnesota
Rochester, Minn., 2021-Mar-26 — /Travel PR News/ — Hyatt House Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area is pleased to celebrate the 172-room hotel’s opening. Owned by PEG Companies and managed by In-Group Hospitality: A PEG Company, Hyatt House Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area is conveniently located in Rochester, Minn., and provides guests the service and convenience of hotel living with the casual comforts of home. The hotel adds value to the City of Rochester as the first ever Qualified Opportunity Zone project, as part of the Destination Medical Center initiative to revitalize the downtown area and fills the need for extended stay accommodations for Mayo Clinic patients and their families.
“We are incredibly enthusiastic about the opportunity to provide much-needed extended-stay accommodations for thousands of Mayo Clinic patients and their families,” said PEG CEO Cameron Gunter. “We sincerely thank public officials for declaring the construction of this project an ‘essential business’ during the pandemic, allowing us to continue pushing forward and making progress throughout 2020 and 2021.”
Hyatt House Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area is situated just blocks from Mayo Clinic and Saint Mary’s Hospital, Mayo Civic Center, University of Minnesota Rochester, Winona State University-Rochester, Heart of the City, and the future Discovery Walk. The hotel is surrounded by shopping, dining, and retail, as well as city parks and bike trails, including Central Park.
Hyatt House Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area offers:
- 172 Extended Stay Suites with fully equipped kitchens, comfy living rooms, spacious bedrooms and stylish bathrooms
- Free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel and guestrooms
- The Commons, a comfy lounge with an open and welcoming space for guests to relax, gather, and socialize, the Outdoor Terrace with city views, and outdoor fire pits and BBQ on the ground level patio to sip cocktails and enjoy savory bites
- Complimentary Morning Spread, a full hot breakfast served daily for guests, featuring a build-your-own Omelet Bar and assorted Breakfast Breads, + Bowls Bar with steel-cut oatmeal, fresh fruit and more, along with vegetarian and gluten free options
- The H BAR, which features the Sip + Snack Menu, a delicious menu with items including soups and sandwiches, plus premium beers and wines, offered seven days a week
- 24-hour H Market to meet the everyday needs of guests, from snacks and sundries to freshly prepared salads and sandwiches
- 24-hour Gym to keep fitness routines going
- Gathering Rooms with more than 1,500 square feet of flexible meeting spaces including a fourth floor Outdoor Terrace, a tasty food and beverage menu, audiovisual equipment and a House Host to make sure events are a success
- Borrows Menu with often-forgotten items from phone charges to razors
- A Very Important Resident (VIR) program, including complimentary grocery shopping, and other personalized perks, for guests with 30 or more consecutive nights
- Additional services, including guest laundry and complimentary grocery shopping available to extended-stay guests
- A pet-friendly policy that welcomes dogs or cats
- ADA Accessible rooms and patient care amenities
- Complimentary hotel shuttle for guests needing transportation downtown and to Mayo Clinic / Saint Mary’s Hospital
HYATT HOUSE ROCHESTER / MAYO CLINIC AREA LEADERSHIP
Hyatt House Rochester Mayo Clinic Area is under the leadership of General Manager Michael Fox and Director of Sales Meghann Southwick. In his role, Fox is directly responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the hotel, including overseeing the hotel’s associates and ensuring guests encounter the thoughtful service for which the Hyatt House brand is known. Fox is joined by Southwick, director of sales, who is responsible for providing sales service and support to travelers and meeting planners frequenting the Rochester area.
For more information or to book a stay at Hyatt House Rochester / Mayo Clinic Area visit hyatthouserochestermn.com.
World of Hyatt Gives Members 1,000 Reasons to Stay Somewhere New: In celebration of the 1,000th Hyatt hotel opening, and to provide World of Hyatt members even more ways to be rewarded, World of Hyatt is offering members the opportunity to earn 1,000 Bonus Points per qualifying night at participating new Hyatt hotels around the world. That’s 500 more Bonus Points when guests check out between April 1 and June 30, 2021. Participating hotels and respective offer stay periods can be found at worldofhyatt.com/newhotelbonus.
Guided by its purpose of care, Hyatt’s multi-layered Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment further enhances its operational guidance and resources around colleague and guest safety and peace of mind. More information on Hyatt’s commitment can be found here: hyatt.com/care-and-cleanliness
ABOUT HYATT HOUSE
Hyatt House hotels are designed to welcome guests, including World of Hyatt members, as extended stay residents seeking the conveniences of home. Modern, apartment-style suites with fully equipped kitchens and separate living and sleeping areas provide guests a stylish and comfortable environment so they can better maintain their work and personal routines while traveling. At more than 100 locations, the Hyatt House brand delivers home-like amenities, neighborly service and upscale spaces, including free hot breakfast for guests with made to order omelets; H Bar with a Sip + Snack menu; and indoor and outdoor communal spaces for productivity or relaxation. For more information, please visit hyatthouse.com. Join the conversation on Facebook or Instagram and tag photos with #HyattHouse and #WhySettle.
ABOUT PEG COMPANIES
PEG Companies [“PEG”] was founded in 2003 and is now one of the fastest-growing commercial real estate investment, development, and asset/property management firms in the West. With $1.5 billion AUM, PEG’s mission is to create opportunities through grit, ingenuity, and expertise—providing the premiere real estate investment experience. PEG owns and manages more than 5,200 hospitality keys across the U.S. and Canada with over 2,800 multifamily housing units, an additional 1,400 units under development, plus office, retail, and industrial space across the West. The firm sponsors multiple investment products on behalf of its investors and has produced net annualized returns of over 25% for the strategies it pursues. For more information about PEG, visit pegcompanies.com.
ABOUT IN-GROUP HOSPITALITY: A PEG COMPANY
In-Group Hospitality: A PEG Company [“IGH”] has always believed that enduring success begins with the experience delivered to the guest, fostered by the relationships built with top-quality associates and development partners. In the five-plus decades since the Pearson family founded what would eventually become In-Group Hospitality: A PEG Company, the group has grown into a leading hospitality group with a portfolio of more than 30 properties in 13 states and hundreds of associates. As an innovative and efficiency-integrated business, IGH counts its expertise in hotel management, investment, and development as the pillars to continued growth and equity holder satisfaction. Based in Provo, Utah and helmed by CEO Graydon Pearson, IGH manages over 3,000 keys under some of the most recognized hotel brands including those from Hilton Hotels Group, Marriott International, Hyatt Hotels, and IHG.
Source: Hyatt Hotels Corporation