flydubai has announced today that it will operate flights to select destinations from Dubai World Central (DWC) in order to provide more travel options to passengers
- flydubai flights to select destinations will operate for 45-day period from 16 April 2019 to 30 May 2019
- 39 routes will operate from DWC*
- The scheduling of flights to operate from DWC during this period have been designed to minimise disruption and provide more choice for passengers
Dubai UAE, 2018-Oct-08 — /Travel PR News/ — flydubai has announced today (October 4, 2018) that it will operate flights to select destinations from Dubai World Central (DWC) in order to provide more travel options to passengers during the southern runway refurbishment project previously announced by Dubai Airports. The refurbishment project is scheduled to take place between 16 April 2019 and 30 May 2019.
flydubai will operate flights to 39 destinations from DWC during the period of the refurbishment project to ensure minimum disruption to passengers’ travel plans. At DWC, passengers will continue to benefit from all the convenient travel services offered by flydubai at one of the world’s future aviation and logistics hubs. During this period flights to ten of these destinations will also be available from DXB. Flights to all other flydubai destinations will continue to operate from Dubai International (DXB).
Commenting on the announcement, flydubai’s Chief Executive Officer, Ghaith Al Ghaith, said: “As we saw in 2014, runway enhancement programmes continue to support the long term vision for aviation in the UAE. With flydubai flights operating to select destinations from DWC, we aim to not only support this vision but to provide our passengers with as much choice as possible to travel across our network with minimum disruption.”
flights to 39 destinations from flydubai’s network of 92 destinations will operate from DWC during the runway enhancement project including flights to Alexandria, Delhi, Istanbul, Jeddah, Kuwait, Mumbai and Riyadh. Following the completion of the runway enhancement project on 30 May 2019, flydubai will resume its flights to these 39 destinations from Dubai International (DXB).
Further information will be provided to passengers nearer the time.
*List of destinations operating from DWC during the southern runway refurbishment project (16 April 2019 to 30 May 2019). Flights to the destinations marked with an asterisk will be available from both DXB and DWC during this period.
|Addis Ababa (ADD)||Cochin (COK)||Isfahan (IFN)||Faisalabad (LYP)||Istanbul (SAW)|
|Abha (AHB)||Delhi (DEL)||Jeddah (JED)*||Chennai (MAA)||Sialkot (SKT)|
|Kabul (KBL)*||Muscat (MCT)*||Shiraz (SYZ)|
|Amman (AMM)*||Gassim (ELQ)||Karachi (KHI)||Medina (MED)||Ta’if (TIF)|
|Bahrain (BAH)*||Jizan (GIZ)||Khartoum (KRT)*||Mashad (MHD)||Thiruvananthapuram (TRV)|
|Beirut (BEY)*||Ha’il (HAS)||Kuwait (KWI)*||Multan (MUX)||Tabuk (TUU)|
|Mumbai (BOM)||Alexandria (HBE)*||Lucknow (LKO)||Najaf (NJF)|
|Colombo (CMB)||Hyderabad (HYD)||Lar (LRR)||Riyadh (RUH)|
From its home in Dubai, flydubai has created a network of more than 90 destinations and over the next decade the airline will see its fleet grow by up to 296 aircraft. Since commencing operations in June 2009, flydubai has been committed to removing barriers to travel, creating free flows of trade and tourism and enhancing connectivity between different cultures across its ever-expanding network.
flydubai has marked its journey with a number of milestones that represent the scale of the ambition planned for the airline:
- An expanding network: Created a network of more than 90 destinations in 48 countries across Africa, Central Asia, the Caucasus, Central and South-East Europe, the GCC and the Middle East, and the Indian Subcontinent.
- Serving underserved markets: Opened up more than 71 new routes that did not previously have direct air links to Dubai or were not served by a UAE national carrier from Dubai.
- An efficient single fleet-type: Operates a single fleet-type of 62 aircraft including Boeing 737 MAX 8 and Next-Generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft.
- Record-breaking orders: Placed the largest single-aisle aircraft orders in the region at the 2013 and 2017 editions of the Dubai Airshow.
- Enhancing connectivity: Carried more than 60 million passengers since it began operations in 2009.
For all our latest news, please visit the flydubai Newsroom.