- Dubai-based carrier flydubai will operate daily flights to Chittagong
- Flights will operate from 20 January 2019
Dubai, UAE, 2018-Dec-11 — /Travel PR News/ — Dubai-based flydubai today (December 9, 2018) has announced the start of flights to Chittagong in Bangladesh. The relaunched service will begin on 20 January 2019 with daily flights.
Commenting on the recommencement of flights to Chittagong, Sudhir Sreedharan, Senior Vice President Commercial (UAE, GCC, Subcontinent and Africa) at flydubai said, “We are delighted that flydubai is returning to Chittagong. It reaffirms our commitment to serving underserved destinations and with daily flights we look forward to our passengers benefiting from our direct and convenient flights to Dubai and beyond.”
Emirates will codeshare on this route as part of the Emirates flydubai partnership announced in July 2017. For bookings under the codeshare, Emirates passengers will receive complimentary meals and the Emirates checked baggage allowance on flights operated by flydubai in Economy class. With the partnership, passengers from Bangladesh will have an opportunity to travel via Dubai to hundreds of destinations all over the world.
Economy Class return fares to Chittagong from Dubai start from AED 1,500, while Economy Class return fares to Dubai start from USD 490. Flights can be purchased from flydubai’s website (flydubai.com), its Customer Centre (+971) 600 54 44 45, flydubai travel shops or through travel partners.
For the full timetable and fares, visit: https://www.flydubai.com/en/plan/timetable
FZ589 is scheduled to depart Dubai International Terminal 2 at 03:20hrs, arriving into Shah Amanat International Airport in Chittagong at 10:05hrs local time.
FZ590 is scheduled to depart Shah Amanat International Airport at 1105 hrs local time, landing in Dubai International Terminal 2 at 1505hrs local time.
From its home in Dubai, flydubai has created a network of more than 90 destinations and over the next decade the airline will see its fleet grow by up to 296 aircraft. Since commencing operations in June 2009, flydubai has been committed to removing barriers to travel, creating free flows of trade and tourism and enhancing connectivity between different cultures across its ever-expanding network.
flydubai has marked its journey with a number of milestones that represent the scale of the ambition planned for the airline:
- An expanding network: Created a network of more than 85 destinations in 45 countries across Africa, Central Asia, the Caucasus, Central and South-East Europe, the GCC and the Middle East, and the Indian Subcontinent.
- Serving underserved markets: Opened up more than 71 new routes that did not previously have direct air links to Dubai or were not served by a UAE national carrier from Dubai.
- An efficient single fleet-type: Operates a single fleet-type of 58 aircraft including Boeing 737 MAX 8 and Next-Generation Boeing 737-800 aircraft.
- Record-breaking orders: Placed the largest single-aisle aircraft orders in the region at the 2013 and 2017 editions of the Dubai Airshow.
- Enhancing connectivity: Carried more than 60 million passengers since it began operations in 2009.
For all our latest news, please visit the flydubai Newsroom.
+971 555 174 642