NEW YORK, NY, 2019-Feb-07 — /Travel PR News/ — Sunbathers and beach seekers are scouring the Internet for Spring Break, but a twist on the traditional trend might see students flocking to more unique destinations. According to Booking.com’s 2019 Travel Predictions, over half of travelers would like to visit a destination that none of their friends have been to (51%).* For those still looking to book a Spring Break trip whether to a pristine beach, majestic mountain or bustling city, Booking.com, the global leader in connecting travelers with the widest choice of incredible places to stay, has the best deals and tools available.
Booking.com’s data shows that there are still savings to be had during Spring Break 2019 (March 11th- April 29th), including a few popular destinations that stood out as being significantly less expensive throughout the seven-week travel period: Boston (54% cheaper), Phoenix (41% cheaper) and Biloxi (39% cheaper). The following week-to-week recommendations highlight great savings for travelers, where they will discover a variety of accommodations to choose from – hotels and B&Bs, apartments and vacation homes and even more unique properties like igloos, treehouses and more.
Week of March 11th – March 17th
- Seattle, Washington: 13% cheaper
Week of March 18th – 24th
- Boston, Massachusetts: 54% cheaper
- Biloxi, Mississippi: 39% cheaper
- New York, New York: 36% cheaper
- Chicago, Illinois: 30% cheaper
- Myrtle Beach, South Carolina: 24% cheaper
- Denver, Colorado: 21% cheaper
Week of March 25th – 31st
- Pigeon Forge, Tennessee: 31% cheaper
- San Francisco, California: 23% cheaper
Week of April 1st – April 7th
- Austin, Texas: 25% cheaper
- Miami Beach, Florida: 20% cheaper
- Anaheim, California: 14% cheaper
- Gatlinburg, Tennessee: 11% cheaper
- Los Angeles, California: 8% cheaper
Week of April 8th – 14th
- Houston, Texas: 24% cheaper
- Honolulu, Hawaii: 8% cheaper
Week of April 15th – 21st
- Atlanta, Georgia: 33% cheaper
- Las Vegas, Nevada: 25% cheaper
- Nashville, Tennessee: 23% cheaper
- New Orleans, Louisiana: 19% cheaper
- Washington D.C.: 16% cheaper
- San Diego, California: 10% cheaper
Week of April 22nd – 29th
- Phoenix, Arizona: 41% cheaper
- Ft. Lauderdale, Florida: 39% cheaper
- Miami, Florida: 36% cheaper
- Portland, Oregon: 28% cheaper
- Clearwater Beach, Florida: 22% cheaper
- Kissimmee, Florida: 19% cheaper
- Daytona Beach, Florida: 14% cheaper
- Orlando, Florida: 10% cheaper
No matter where travelers choose to go on Spring Break this year, Booking.com has the perfect accommodation to meet all preferences, group sizes and passion points.
*Note to editors
Research commissioned by Booking.com and independently conducted among a sample of adults who have taken a trip in the last 12 months/plan to take a trip in the next 12 months. In total 21,500 respondents were polled (including 1,000 each from Australia, Germany, France, Spain, Italy, China, Brazil, India, US, UK, Russia, Indonesia, Colombia and South Korea; and 500 each from Japan, New Zealand, Thailand, Argentina, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Hong Kong, Croatia, Taiwan, Mexico, Netherlands, Sweden, Singapore and Israel). Respondents completed an online survey between 10th August to 30th August 2018.
Established in 1996 in Amsterdam, Booking.com B.V. has grown from a small Dutch start-up to one of the largest travel e-commerce companies in the world. Part of Booking Holdings Inc. (NASDAQ: BKNG), Booking.com now employs more than 17,000 employees in 198 offices in 70 countries worldwide.
With a mission to empower people to experience the world, Booking.com invests in digital technology that helps take the friction out of travel. At Booking.com, we connect travelers with the world’s largest selection of incredible places to stay, including everything from apartments, vacation homes, and family-run B&Bs to 5-star luxury resorts, tree houses and even igloos. The Booking.com website and mobile apps are available in 43 languages, offer over 28.8 million total reported listings, including more than 5.7 million listings of homes, apartments and other unique places to stay, and covers more than 145,000 destinations in 228 countries and territories worldwide.
Each day, more than 1.5 million room nights are reserved on our platform. So whether traveling for business or leisure, customers can instantly book their ideal place to stay quickly and easily with Booking.com, without booking fees and backed up by our promise to price match. Via our customer experience team, customers can reach Booking.com 24/7 for assistance and support in over 43 languages, any time of the day or night.
Contact Details For Booking.com:
For further information, contact the Booking.com Press Office: