London, 2017-Feb-08 — /Travel PR News/ — The #OMGB (Oh My GREAT Britain) ‘Home of Amazing Moments’ marketing campaign was formally announced at an event for travel trade and press in Milan hosted by VisitBritain, the Department for International Trade, the British Council and the Foreign & Commonwealth Office to showcase why 2017 is a great time to come to Britain.
The six-week print and digital campaign officially kicks off on 1 March 2017 and uses images of authentic experiences and activities filmed on locations across Britain to inspire Italians to visit and find their own amazing moments.
VisitBritain Director Patricia Yates said:
“Britain’s hotels, shops and attractions are offering great value for Italian visitors, who enjoy visiting our parks and gardens, heritage sites and shopping in our world-class stores.
“By promoting the sheer diversity of incredible experiences on offer, we want to inspire more visitors from Italy to book a trip right now to come and discover their own amazing moments.”
As at the end of December, Britain was 14% more affordable for Italians compared with the same month in 2015.
The campaign drives visitors to a website (www.visitbritain.it/omgb(link is external)) filled with imagery and itineraries and inspires people to upload images of their own memorable moments from their trips using #OMGB, some of which will be shared across VisitBritain’s Twitter, Instagram or Facebook.
Latest figures show that during the first nine months of last year (January – September), inbound visits from Italy to the UK were up 12% on the same period in 2015 to 1.5 million, with visitors spending £758 million, up 18%.
The #OMGB campaign is part of the UK Government’s global GREAT Britain campaign, which promotes the very best of what Britain has to offer as a place to visit, study, invest and do business.
Inbound tourism is worth more than £26 billion to the UK economy.
Notes to editors:
Events, attractions and celebrations in Britain in 2017:
- England’s ‘Year of Literary Heroes’ will celebrate literary anniversaries and milestones including the 20thanniversary of the first Harry Potter book, the 200th anniversary of Jane Austen’s death and the 15th anniversary of the first Sherlock Holmes publication
- Wales will pay tribute to epic myths and legends of yore with the ‘Year of Legends’
- Scotland is set to celebrate its rich past during the ‘Year of History, Heritage and Archaeology’
- Hull – the UK City of Culture 2017
- 2017 World Athletics Championships and World Para Athletics Championships in July and August
- 2017 ICC Champions Trophy in June at grounds in Cardiff, London and Birmingham.
- 70 years of the Edinburgh festivals – the city will be transformed like never before with music, science, film, art, theatre, dance, literature and storytelling.
- The 25th anniversary of the Premier League
- 2017 ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup final will be held at Lord’s Cricket Ground
- 2017 Women’s Rugby World Cup will be held in Belfast
- New Hadrian’s Cavalry exhibition at Hadrian’s Wall
- Glynn Vivian Art Gallery in Swansea, Wales, will host the Leonardo da Vinci: Ten Drawings from the Royal Collection
- British Music Experience moves from London to Liverpool – the new permanent attraction opens at the historic Cunard Building on the Pier Head in February 2017
T: +44 (0) 20 7578 1098
M: +44 (0)7974 111 076
- VisitBritain rolls out new marketing campaign to inspire Italians to visit UK and find their own amazing moments