Chef Tommy Cheung unveils artisanal mooncakes for Mid-Autumn Festival 2023
Bangkok, Thailand, 2023-Aug-18 — /Travel PR News/ — The Mid-Autumn Festival is a treasured occasion that brings families and friends together under the radiant full moon. Central to this celebration are the delightful mooncakes, representing unity and prosperity for the year ahead. This year, elevate the festivities with the special limited-edition mooncakes meticulously crafted by Chef Tommy Cheung from Yu Ting Yuan, the renowned Michelin-starred restaurant located at Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok at Chao Phraya River. Encased in an exquisitely designed collector’s box, adorned with a golden outline of the Chao Phraya River and an iconic piece of art from the Hotel, these mooncakes embody the pinnacle of luxury and refinement.
Chef Tommy Cheung, Executive Chef at Yu Ting Yuan, has curated an extraordinary collection of mooncakes for this year’s celebration, weighing 140 grams each (THB 2,388 net per box of four):
- Immerse in the rich flavours of the traditional lotus seed and egg yolk mooncakes, meticulously prepared by Chef Tommy and his team. These sumptuous mooncakes showcase the perfect fusion of traditional craftsmanship and Michelin-star refinement. Each bite reveals a delicate lotus seed paste enveloping a luscious golden egg yolk, symbolizing the fullness of the moon and the abundance of blessings.
Alternatively, Yu Ting Yuan presents a tantalizing array of smaller mooncakes, weighing 70 grams each (THB 1,188 net per box of eight):
- Indulge in the fan favourite custard salted egg yolk mooncakes, where the velvety smooth custard filling delicately balances the savoury notes of salted egg yolk, creating a harmonious blend of flavours that dance on the palate.
- Delight in Four Seasons special chocolate praline mooncakes, a heavenly combination of rich, creamy chocolate and crunchy praline, delivering a decadent experience with every bite.
For the first time ever, immerse in the delicate snow skin mooncakes, weighing 70 grams each (THB 1,388 net per box of eight):
- Experience the delicate and fragrant green tea snow skin mooncake, with its outer layer infused with the captivating essence of green tea, enveloping a sweet bean paste filling that delights the senses.
- Indulge in the vibrant purple sweet potato snow skin mooncake, enticing with its beautiful hue and a velvety sweet potato filling that melts in the mouth, offering a delightful contrast of colours and flavours.
“Having grown up in a family that cherished the Mid-Autumn Festival, I have wonderful memories of coming together, basking in the moon’s glow, and savouring the exquisite mooncakes,” shares Chef Tommy. “Drawing inspiration from those treasured moments, I endeavoured to create mooncakes that seamlessly blend tradition with the unparalleled luxury that defines Four Seasons.”
The collector’s box itself is a masterpiece, featuring an elegant design that showcases the captivating outline of the Chao Phraya River in opulent gold. This graceful depiction harmoniously intertwines with an iconic piece of art from the Hotel. The refined and luxurious design of the box reflects the meticulous attention to detail synonymous with the Yu Ting Yuan and Four Seasons experience.
These artisanal mooncakes, originating from the esteemed Michelin-starred restaurant of Yu Ting Yuan, bear the hallmark of culinary excellence. Chef Tommy Cheung’s gastronomic mastery, combined with the meticulous craftsmanship of his team, ensures that each bite delivers an extraordinary sensory experience.
Pre-orders for these limited-edition mooncakes are now open, with collection available at Four Seasons Hotel Bangkok from September 1 to 29, 2023. Embrace this opportunity to immerse in the flavours and traditions of the Mid-Autumn Festival while indulging in the unparalleled luxury offered by Four Seasons.
To pre-order these special mooncakes, visit FSBangkokAtHome.com today.
Director, Public Relations and Communications
300/1 Charoenkrung Road Yannawa, Sathorn
+66 (0)2 032-0888
Source: Four Seasons Hotels & Resort