Visit Paris or Brussels in a day en famille
LONDON, 2016-Aug-03 — /Travel PR News/ — For those wishing to make the most of the summer holidays, jump on board Eurostar for a day trip to Paris and Brussels for just £58 return*. Throughout August, Brits may benefit from irresistibly low fares on select services and spend over 8 hours exploring their city of choice. It’s the ultimate way to entertain the kids this summer – plus, those under 4 travel for free.
With an endless array of fun, free activities for kids from pop-up beaches in Brussels and gorgeous garden fêtes in Paris, a day trip is sure to make for a memorable day out.
With quick and convenient check-in, a seamless city-centre to city-centre journey, and a generous baggage allowance, the train is the perfect way for families to travel. Parents can sit back and relax in spacious surroundings, whilst children have the freedom to roam.
Services available on the special August offer:
- Departing London St Pancras at 7:01am, arriving in Paris at 10:17am local time* or
- Departing London St Pancras at 7:55am, arriving in Paris at 11:17am local time*
- Departing Paris at 8:13pm, arriving in London St Pancras at 9:39pm local time* or
- Departing Paris at 9:13pm, arriving in London St Pancras at 10:39pm local time*
- Departing London St Pancras at 6:50am, arriving in Brussels Midi at 10:07am local time*
- Departing Brussels Midi at 6:56pm, arriving in London St Pancras at 7:57pm local time*
August activity highlights include:
- Entertain the kids at Fête des Tuileries – the annual summer festival in the Tuileries garden situated near the Louvre. With over 60 attractions including a carousel, ferris wheel, and trampolines, the kids will have a ball whilst parents enjoy the beauty of the gardens.
- Soak up the sunshine at Paris Plages and enjoy pop-up beaches, deckchairs and endless ice cream and free music events in the heart of the city.
- Pack a picnic with French baguettes and head to the glorious Luxembourg gardens. Kids can play pétanque whilst parents take in the palace view.
- Spend the day outdoors in the Brussels Park theatre and watch the legendary adventures of the Belgian puppet Guignolet for free.
- Discover how the comic strip was created and see Tintin and the Smurfs come to life at the Comics Art Museum.
- Enjoy a cultural trip to Bozar, the centre for fine arts, with special activities and exhibitions for the family. Plus show your Eurostar tickets and you’ll be granted 2for1 entry.
- Play in the sand at Bruxelles Les Bains. With an area dedicated for kids, they’re sure to stay entertained with a pop-up beach, plays and music.
Eurostar passengers travelling to Paris and Brussels can also take advantage of 2 for 1 entry into a range of top museums and galleries including Musée d’Orsay and Grand Palais in Paris and Bozar in Brussels, all by simply showing their Eurostar tickets at entry.
For more information or to book Eurostar tickets visit www.eurostar.com or call the Eurostar contact centre on 03432 186 186.
Notes to Editors
Terms and Conditions
- *Ticket sale dates and travel times:
- Tickets to travel on 2 – 4 August are on sale from 1 – 3 August
- Tickets to travel on 9 – 11 August are on sale from 8 – 10 August
- Tickets to travel on 16 – 18 August are on sale from 15 – 17 August
- Tickets to travel on 23 – 25 August are on sale from 22 – 24 August
- Valid for adult passengers (child passengers can be booked on the £58 adult fare or at normal child fare)
- A £3 fee will apply to all credit card bookings, no charge is made for payments with a debit card
- For full terms and conditions visit Eurostar.com