PAPE’ETE, 2020-Oct-05 — /Travel PR News/ — Since the reopening of the borders on July 15, 2020, The Islands of Tahiti have applied a common policy of cancelling and modification to allow travellers to make reservations in full confidence.
This policy applies to cancellations and change requests for any reservation made between May 1, 2020 and March 31, 2021 , extending the policy beyond the initial date provided of September 30, 2020. The policy is in place for travel within French Polynesia between July 15 , 2020 and June 30, 2021.
As a reminder, the cancellation or change fees will be waived in the case of:
- A lock down in the traveller’s country of residence
- The inability to travel to French Polynesia due to the closure of the borders in transit stops
- A lock down in French Polynesia
- The inability to travel to French Polynesia for a traveller whose Covid-19 test was found to be positive prior to departure
- The inability to a stay in French Polynesia for a traveller declared positive while in French Polynesia
- For prepaid trips, reimbursement will be provided within 12 months from the initial date of booking.
As an additional level of goodwill towards travellers, the members of this policy maintain its commitment to not increase any pricing until March 31, 2022.
– ends –
About The Islands of Tahiti
Located in the South Pacific, The Islands of Tahiti consist of 118 islands and atolls, made up of the well-known Society Islands including Tahiti and Bora Bora, Tuamotu Islands, Gambier Islands, Austral Islands and Marquesas Islands. Known for being an artist’s residence to the likes of Gauguin and Matisse, The Islands of Tahiti are the birthplace of Polynesian culture. The locals are warm and welcoming, whilst exuding a humble spirit and proudly sharing their traditions and heritage with visitors. The current Embraced by Mana campaign highlights the diversity of the destination, bringing to life the duality of seclusion and adventure and connecting all islands. Access from the UK is usually via Paris or Los Angeles with connections from Air Tahiti Nui.
For further press information, please contact Black Diamond: Imogen Frew email@example.com