MIAMI, 2015-7-16 — /Travel PR News/ — The best Caribbean adventures await at Royal Caribbean’s exclusive private destinations, Labadee, Haiti and CocoCay, Bahamas. These secluded escapes offer guests unique experiences of every kind, whether they are looking for action and adventure, a tranquil beachside hideaway surrounded by lush tropical landscapes, or anything in between.
Experience Labadee, Haiti
A longtime favorite port of call for guests sailing on select Eastern and Western Caribbean itineraries, Labadee is a 260-acre wooded peninsula at Pointe Ste. Honore about six miles from Cape Haitien on the mountainous and secluded northern coast of Haiti. Discovered in 1492 by Christopher Columbus, Labadee was later used as a trading post by visiting ships and their crews. The peninsula has been restored since the time of the buccaneers and now features abundant activities for guest of all ages.
— How Do You Labadee? —
Soar To New Heights
Within five distinct neighborhoods – Adrenaline Beach, Columbus Cove, Buccaneer’s Bay, Nellie’s Beach and Labadee Town Square – Labadee is brimming with an action packed variety of features and activities, including:
- The Dragon’s Breath Flight Line, which at 2,600 feet is the longest zip line in the world over water, giving guests a rush while soaring 500 feet above the beaches of Labadee
- Dragon’s Tail Coaster – a thrilling high-speed ride through 2,232 feet of the destination’s tropical flora and rock formations
- The heart-racing Dragon’s Splash Waterslide, an exciting 300 foot long saltwater slide
- Arawak Aqua Park, which features floating trampolines, inflatable iceberg shaped slides, water seesaws and more
Labadee also offers a variety of water activities ranging from snorkeling and kayak adventures, to floating beach mats and banana boat rides. Suite guests can enjoy exclusive amenities including private cabanas along the water’s edge and within the hillside areas.
For those looking for a more relaxed adventure on Labadee, guests can experience beachside escapes and even get a taste of the local flavor and culture.
- Five spectacular beaches
- Nature trails
- Daily folkloric shows
- Shaded hammocks
- Nellie’s Place, a historic site
- Open air dining areas
- Beachside refreshment bars
- Native marketplace
- Artisan’s market
Experience CocoCay, Bahamas
CocoCay is a 140-acre island located in the Bahamas’ Berry Island chain between Freeport and Nassau. The tropical oasis, previously known as Little Stirrup Cay, is exclusive to Royal Caribbean guests. With white sandy beaches, lush greenery and translucent waters, CocoCay is the perfect spot to do everything or nothing at all.
— How Do You CocoCay? —
Take a Dip
CocoCay features a variety of exhilarating activities and features, such as:
- Caylana’s Aqua Park, a fun-filled floating playground for kids of all ages complete with floating sand castle, in-water trampolines and a log roll
- Parasailing 400 feet above the island to take in unforgettable bird’s-eye views
- Water sports of every variety including: snorkeling, waverunners, kayaking, floating beach mats, banana rafts, scuba diving, inflatable water slides, and paddleboats.
CocoCay is an eco-certified private destination awarded a Gold-Level Eco-Certification by Sustainable Travel International™ for its environmentally-friendly activities and tours. Guests can explore the island through eco-tours, from a guided nature walk that ends in a secluded beach to leisurely kayaking and snorkeling adventures.
For those seeking quality R&R, CocoCay features:
- Three sandy white beaches
- Shaded hammocks
- Coconut palm groves
- Straw market
- Hair braiding
- Nature trails
- A sunken replica of Blackbeard’s flagship “Queen
- Anne’s Revenge”
- Coral reefs to explore