- This year’s ‘Evenings at Renaissance’ encourage guests and locals to take time for #5to9
- Renaissance Hotels is leveraging live streaming app Periscope to connect guests and locals from across the globe
Bethesda, Md, USA, 2015-6-8 — /Travel PR News/ — Renaissance Hotels (www.renhotels.com), the global lifestyle brand known for helping travelers make the most of their life on the road, will host its fourth annual Global Day of Discovery on June 11 at 160 hotels around the world. During Global Day of Discovery, guests and the local community will be invited to attend exclusive hotel events and venture into the neighborhood to experience hot spots for food, bars, nightlife and entertainment. Each hotel’s experience will be curated by their lifestyle concierge – The Navigator.
Renaissance’s Global Day of Discovery also marks the official launch of Evenings at Renaissance, where guests and locals are encouraged to take time for #5to9. Evenings at Renaissancekicks off with a signature Bar Ritual centered on local craft beverages, curated by the hotel bartender and local beverage experts. The Bar Ritual is the signal that the 9 to 5 working day is over and it is time to transition into an incredible evening of discovery.
“There is always an opportunity for the unexpected at Renaissance Hotels,” said Dan Vinh, Vice President, Marketing “The Next Gen traveler wants to make the most of business travel to discover local music, art and culinary experiences that they can share with others.With Global Day of Discovery, we celebrate what Renaissance does every day to help our guests discover the soul of the neighborhood and experience the people, sights, sounds, tastes and art of the local culture that make each city unique.”
This year, Renaissance Hotels will be using Periscope, the live video streaming app owned by Twitter, to showcase the incredible evenings at Renaissance Hotels across the globe.Guests and fans can tune in to the @RenHotels feed all day to see highlights of Global Day of Discovery evenings. Renaissance Hotels will also share streams from local influencers as they experience Global Day of Discovery first-hand, in locations such as Bangkok, Barcelona, London, Paris, Chicago, Santiago, Cairo, San Juan, Jonor Bharu (India), Toronto, New York, Indian Wells, and Denver. Renaissance is the first brand to utilize the revolutionary technology to connect guests and locals from all over the world.
Some event highlights taking place around the world on June 11 are detailed below:
- Renaissance Chicago Downtown Hotel will host The Happiest Hour Block Party featuring Robin Thicke, Natalie La Rose, and Chicago’s own DJ HXLT. This celebration will also unveil its much buzzed about multimillion-dollar lobby and guestroom transformation. The full press release can be viewed HERE.
- Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel is partnering with the 10 time Tony Award nominated new hit Broadway musical “Something Rotten!” starring Tony Award nominees Brian d’Arcy James and Christian Borle (TV’s “Smash” ) to stage a mini-flash mob in front of the hotel, where the cast will introduce a performance of the show’s opening number, “Welcome to the Renaissance.” The completely original new musical comedy about the creation of the first musical in the time of Shakespeare is set in the 90’s…the 1590’s.
- St Pancras Renaissance London Hotel is partnering with Sofar Sounds to showcase the finest, freshest, and most cutting edge talent currently making waves on the British music scene. Taking place in the hotel’s exclusive Royal Suite, the evening will feature music from the remarkable Andreya Triana as well as an exciting and interactive drinks offering.
- Renaissance São Paulo Hotel will offer an adventurous epicurean experience in partnership with Fechado Para Jantar and GQ Magazine, combining food, art, and a surprising discovery in unusual and hidden places.
- Renaissance Bangkok Ratchaprasong Hotel will host a Night Market Pop-Up with a party featuring street food stalls and market-to-table pop-up kitchens. Mobile bars serving craft beers and signature cocktails will serve up liquid nourishment courtesy of celebrity Mixologist, Pernod Ricard. Bangkok’s hottest band Two Popetron will perform, along with other musicians and DJs.
- Renaissance Cairo Mirage City Hotel, in partnership with the Faculty of Fine Arts in Cairo, will display an art exhibition showcasing young, emerging Egyptian artists. Popular local band Wust Al Balad will perform, and the hotel’s pool will surprise guests with Flyboard entertainment in water.
Guests can book a stay and check out the full lineup of performances and promotions planned throughout the year at Renaissance Hotels by visiting www.renhotels.com/events and www.facebook.com/renhotels. Renaissance Hotels’ robust lineup of ongoing events will be updated in real time as new experiences are unveiled by each hotel. Guests of the hotel who are enrolled in the award-winning guest loyalty program, Marriott Rewards®, are able to earn points during their hotel stays that can be redeemed for free holidays, flights, hotel rooms and merchandise.
Guests can help inspire the global conversation by sharing their incredible evenings at #renhotels, #DayofDiscovery and #5to9.
Watch a recap of last year’s Global Day of Discovery here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZaItaYR8-Q.
ABOUT RENAISSANCE HOTELS
Renaissance Hotels represent a rebirth of lifestyle boutique hotels for the business traveler, and is positioned as the marquee brand for the Next Gen consumer. Every element of the brand is designed around defying the notion of “conventional” business travel with the idea of making business travel fun. Renaissance Hotels encourages guests to Live Life to DiscoverSM at 160 hotels in over 40 countries around the world. Each hotel is unique and every stay offers an opportunity to explore local discoveries exclusive to the destination. At Renaissance Hotels, we believe that every guest is a storyteller and we aim to deliver with unexpected experiences meant to be shared. Our signature events in our lobbies, bars and lounges are designed to showcase emerging talent in music, the arts, mixology, gastronomy and more to inspire new discovery. Renaissance Navigators are neighborhood experts who are ready to assist guests in discovering true local flavors and activities. R.E.N. Meetings offers groups an experience beyond a traditional meeting, rooted in creative sensory meeting design and custom-curated local Navigator excursions and networking events. At Renaissance Hotels, we work to ensure that every trip is transformed into an eye-opening, unforgettable journey. Renaissance Hotels believes that since you spend your life working, you should discover the world as you go. To discover more visit www.renhotels.com. For upcoming events visit www.renhotels.com/events.
Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) is a global leading lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,200 properties in 80 countries and territories. Marriott International reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. The company operates and franchises hotels and licenses vacation ownership resorts under 19 brands. For more information or reservations, please visit our website at www.marriott.com, and for the latest company news, visitwww.marriottnewscenter.com.