Contributors Include Art World Visionaries Tom Sachs, Anne Pasternak, KAWS, Kehinde Wiley, Simon De Pury and Others
Chicago, Il, United States, 2013-11-11 — /travelprnews.com/ — Park Hyatt and BOND Strategy and Influence announced today the launch of ARTPHAIRE, a new online contemporary art magazine debuting to coincide with this fall’s biggest international art shows. Dedicated to bringing art enthusiasts the finest editorial content, ARTPHAIRE will provide original perspectives from the world’s leading artists, collectors and museums. ARTPHAIRE will be updated frequently with fresh content in the form of auction previews, exclusive interviews and exhibit spotlights.
Experienced art journalists who have written for such prestigious publications as The New York Times, Art in America, Interview, ArtReview, and Esquire, are tapped with developing editorial content for ARTPHAIRE and will bring their keen observations and insights to each article. BOND is managing all editorial and creative for the magazine. ARTPHAIRE will feature news on the Museum of Modern Art’s (MoMA) latest exhibitions, programs and events, and Park Hyatt will also collaborate with Sotheby’s to provide ARTPHAIRE readers with behind-the-scenes access to the biggest art shows and auctions this season.
Additionally, ARTPHAIRE will feature interviews with tastemakers that empower, inform and inspire readers.
The influential visionaries who will contribute their perspectives to ARTPHAIRE include:
- Anne Pasternak, president and artistic director of Creative Time, commissions innovative public artwork around the world.
- Jennifer Rubell, participatory artist, produces pieces that are often staggering in scale and sensually arresting, frequently employing food and drink as media.
- KAWS, a world-renowned artist, currently has four solo exhibitions at Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Nerman Museum of Contemporary Art, Overlandpark, Kansas, Galerie Perrotin, New York, and Mary Boone Gallery, New York. KAWS’s other projects include redesigning the iconic Moonman Statue for the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards and participating in Macy’s Annual Thanksgiving Day Parade in 2013 with a 40-foot long inflatable of his character COMPANION.
- Kehinde Wiley is known for his larger than life portrait paintings that challenge the historical canon of portraiture, blurring the boundaries between traditional and contemporary portrayals of masculinity, physicality, grace, and power.
- Marco Brambilla is an internationally-exhibited video artist primarily known for his distinctive “video collage” technique and large-scale video installations.
- Paul Kasmin is committed to supporting an ongoing intellectual and visual dialogue with influential modern and contemporary artists, representing several generations of internationally recognized contemporary artists working in a variety of media.
- Simon de Pury is one of the art world’s leading figures, renowned for his legendary performance on the auction podium and for his deep and longstanding knowledge of the global marketplace.
- Steven Klein’s work has been exhibited at museums and galleries worldwide, including shows at Gagosian Gallery and Deitch Projects. He has been published in several Conde Nast publications including Vogue. He has shot high-profile advertising campaigns for clients such as Alexander McQueen, Dolce & Gabanna, and Dior.
- Tom Sachs, sculptor, is known for elaborate homemade versions of modern icons including Hello Kitty and her friends in materials ranging from foam core to bronze.
“It is an honor to be featured alongside so many great artists and curators who are redefining art today and to be able to share my inspirations and work with readers who have a similar passion for contemporary art,” said Anne Pasternak, President and Artistic Director, Creative Time.
The Park Hyatt brand’s passion for contemporary art is grounded in the influence of its founder, the late Jay Pritzker, a prolific supporter of the arts who also founded the prestigious Pritzker Architecture Prize in 1979, which honors architects whose work has produced consistent and significant contributions to humanity and the environment through the art of architecture.
“The Park Hyatt brand has invested in world-class contemporary art, architecture and design since the first Park Hyatt hotel opened in Chicago more than 30 years ago,” said Katherine Melchior Ray, Vice President of Luxury Brands for Hyatt Hotels & Resorts. “Creating this new, innovative and relevant online magazine allows us to express our passion for the arts beyond our hotel walls and share Park Hyatt’s proud legacy of art excellence. We are thrilled to be working with such esteemed and influential leaders of the art world to produce ARTPHAIRE and bring this integral part of the Park Hyatt brand to life.”
About Park Hyatt
Park Hyatt provides discerning, affluent business and leisure guests with elegant and luxurious accommodations. Guests of Park Hyatt receive highly attentive personal service in an intimate environment. Located in several of the world’s premier destinations, each Park Hyatt is custom designed to combine sophistication with a distinctive regional character. Park Hyatt features well-appointed guestrooms, meeting and special event spaces for groups, critically acclaimed art, food and beverage programmes, and signature restaurants featuring award-winning chefs. There are currently 32 Park Hyatt hotels in the following locations: Abu Dhabi, Baku, Beaver Creek, Beijing, Buenos Aires, Busan, Canberra, Carlsbad, Chennai, Chicago, Dubai, Goa, Hamburg, Hyderabad, Istanbul, Jeddah, Maldives, Melbourne, Mendoza, Milan, Moscow, Ningbo, Paris, Saigon, Seoul, Shanghai, Siem Reap, Sydney, Tokyo, Toronto, Washington D.C., and Zurich. www.parkhyatt.com.
About BOND Strategy and Influence
BOND Strategy and Influence was founded in 1997 to rewrite the book on how media and entertainment companies should approach marketing in the digital age. Upon launch, BOND became the first marketing agency in history focused on new media and word-of-mouth marketing strategies. Now celebrating its 16th year, BOND is recognized as a leading digital marketing and strategy agency, specializing in insights and solutions that merge culture and commerce with social media. The agency’s primary expertise is in optimizing the digital presence of brands in the media and entertainment, financial services, hospitality and fashion industries by delivering marketing strategies and results that drive awareness, enhance brand image and reputation, and foster more profitable relationships.
+1 312 504 8960