FIJI, 2022-Nov-30 — /Travel PR News/ — Last week, Outrigger Resorts & Hotels celebrated top recognitions at the 20th HM Awards with their Fijian properties reeling in major accolades.
On November 25 at The Star Event Centre in Sydney in front of a crowd of 1000, Outrigger secured a collection of resort-based and individual awards including:
- Best Fijian Property – Castaway Island, Fiji Resort
- Best Environmental Program – Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
- Best Finance Associate – Rajnesh Kumar, Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
This is the second year in a row that Castaway Island, Fiji Resort has won Best Fijian Property. The small island resort is located in the heart of the stunning Mamanuca Islands. Known for its authentic Fijian hospitality, it is the place to disconnect to reconnect in a tropical island paradise.
Outrigger continued to achieve Highly Commended recognitions including:
- HM Magazine Hotelier of the Year – Jeff Wagoner, CEO and President, Outrigger Hospitality Group
- South Pacific General Manager – Darren Shaw, Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
- Food and Beverage Associate – Jack Johnson, Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort
Ben Johnson, area director of sales and marketing, Fiji Islands, said, “Congratulations to all winners and finalists. It is a pleasure once again to see Castaway Island, Fiji Resort and Outrigger Fiji Beach Resort recognized at the annual HM Awards, both for our property initiatives and individual achievements. Following on from a tremendous 2022, we now look towards 2023 as Fiji continues to shine in the South Pacific.”
The HM Awards for Hotel and Accommodation Excellence are the leading industry awards in the region and celebrate the best properties, departments, people, chains and brands in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific. Each year, more than 1,500 nominations are assessed to determine more than 40 category winners.