LONDON, 2016-Aug-22 — /Travel PR News/ — Europe’s best low-cost airline Norwegian is continuing its rapid expansion at Manchester Airport by launching two new low-cost routes to the Canary Islands this winter. Holidaymakers can now enjoy soaring temperatures at fares as low as £39.90 for some guaranteed winter sun.
From 30 October, brand new direct twice weekly flights will take off to Gran Canaria for the winter while nonstop year-round flights to Tenerife launch from 1 November. The flights will be serviced by brand new 186-seat Boeing 737-800 aircraft offering all passengers free Wi-Fi and live TV on board as the airline has taken delivery of 11 new 737-800 aircraft this year alone.
Norwegian, which has already launched three new routes from Manchester this year, will also continue its popular summer flights to the Spanish hotspots of Malaga and Alicante into the winter. The new routes to the Canary Islands together with existing services to Malaga, Alicante, Oslo, Stockholm and Stavanger means Norwegian will have its busiest ever winter from Manchester, offering more than 65,000 seats and 17 flights per week.
Thomas Ramdahl, Chief Commercial Officer at Norwegian said: “This winter is set to get warmer for Manchester as we continue creating even more affordable choices for passengers to Europe’s hottest destinations. We’ve already flown 80,000 passengers to and from Manchester this year and our growth will continue into next year thanks to the popularity of our flights. Now the Canary Islands and Spanish mainland are even closer as passengers continue to enjoy our free Wi-Fi and take advantage of our attractive fares and schedules.”
Stephen Turner, Commercial Director at Manchester Airport said: “We’re delighted that Norwegian is choosing to further expand its operations from Manchester. Gran Canaria and Tenerife are great destinations for winter sun holidays and both are hugely popular with the 22 million people in our catchment area.”
In June, Norwegian introduced new routes to Malaga and Alicante alongside a summer-only route to Barcelona which launched in April to add to its growing route network of business and leisure destinations from Manchester.
Europe’s third largest low-cost carrier offers the UK’s only direct low-cost flights to the U.S. with fares available from £135 in economy and £399 in Premium to destinations including Boston, Las Vegas and Oakland-San Francisco from London Gatwick.
Manchester to Gran Canaria:
Flight No D85865
Departs 18:05 Arrives 22:40 Fri, Sun
Manchester to Tenerife:
Flight No D86409
Departs 15:05 Arrives 19:30 Tue, Sat
Gran Canaria to Manchester:
Flight No D85864
Departs 13:10 Arrives 17:15 Fri, Sun
Tenerife to Manchester:
Flight No D86408
Departs 10:00 Arrives 14:25 Tue, Sat
Norwegian in the UK:
- Norwegian first launched UK flights in 2003 and now operates from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester Airports to more than 40 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 3.9 million yearly passengers, and with more than 700 pilots, cabin crew and staff working from its Gatwick base
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. – the airline now flies to 8 U.S destinations with fares from just £135 one way
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for four consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2016, along with being awarded the ‘World’s best low-cost long-haul airline’ in both 2015 and 2016
UK press office details
+44 (0)20 3874 6100
For customer service: 0330 8280854
SOURCE: Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA