- LCY sees its fourth consecutive busiest week, up 40% on February with the airport on track to have its best month since the start of the pandemic.
- LCY reaches 2019 business traffic share, representing 46% of passenger journeys.
- BA CityFlyer starts new routes from LCY to Milan Malpensa and Luxembourg, plus restarts key routes to Rotterdam and Nice this March.
- The airport welcomes the UK Government’s removal of all remaining travel restrictions, as London’s most central airport’s recovery gains momentum.
London, UK, 2022-Mar-22 — /Travel PR News/ — British Airways (BA) CityFlyer starts new routes from London City Airport (LCY) to Milan Malpensa and Luxembourg on the 27th of March, plus connections to Rotterdam and Nice also resume. This means that 20 of the 25 routes that BA CityFlyer operated in 2019 have now returned to the schedule.
ITA will also be starting flights from LCY to Milan Linate on the 28th of March.
The return of these core routes comes as the airport sees momentum in passenger growth with its fourth consecutive busiest week since the start of the pandemic. Business traffic is also making a return since the easing of travel restrictions for passengers arriving into the UK, with 2019 business traffic share reached, representing 46% of passenger journeys. In particular, core business routes Edinburgh, Zurich, Amsterdam and Dublin are all seeing strong growth.
The latest figures indicate that London City Airport is on track to have its best month since the pandemic began, up 40% on February’s figures.
The summer outlook is also looking strong with LCY to connect to 36 destinations this summer, reaching nearly 80% of 2019 destinations.
London City Airport’s, Head of Aviation, Anne Doyere said:
“We are delighted to see key routes and strong passenger growth returning to LCY. The demand from customers has given us real confidence heading into the summer this year. It’s also testament to the agility of our airlines providing convenient flight times and competitive pricing that benefit our customers.”
Commenting on the removal of all travel restrictions for UK arrivals, Doyere added:
“The UK Government’s removal of all remaining travel restrictions for UK arrivals, including the complicated Passenger Locator Form and all testing requirements, is hugely welcome news for our passengers and will make travel easier again. This will help businesses get moving, boosting consumer confidence in travel ahead of Easter & summer, where LCY will be connecting to 36 destinations across Europe & the UK.”
Notes to Editors:
- London City will offer flights to 36 destinations this summer across the UK and Europe.
- Passengers can search and book flights to all LCY destinations worldwide at https://londoncityairport.netflights.com/
- The airport’s passenger travel portal can be accessed here: https://travel.londoncityairport.com
Tel: +44 (0)20 7646 0000
Source: London City Airport