IHG aims to seize growth and empower a new chapter in Greater China’s hospitality industry
(IN SHORT) IHG Hotels & Resorts is focusing on expanding its presence in Greater China due to its significant growth potential and mature consumer market. The CEO of IHG, Elie Maalouf, and the executive committee visited Greater China to explore opportunities for advancing the culture and tourism industry. They also met with strategic partners to discuss collaborations in the evolving hospitality sector. IHG’s portfolio includes luxury, premium, and essential hotel brands, and the company is expanding its luxury and lifestyle offerings to meet the growing demand for high-quality and personalized travel experiences in Greater China. The visit emphasized IHG’s commitment to investing and developing in the region, taking advantage of the recovering outbound tourism from China to benefit its global business.
(PRESS RELEASE) Shanghai, China, 2023-Nov-3 — /Travel PR News/ —The global hospitality industry is experiencing a boom in growth, IHG Hotels & Resorts (IHG) is focusing on development in Greater China due to its enormous potential and increasingly mature consumer market. To promote the group’s ongoing development in the country, Elie Maalouf, CEO of IHG Hotels & Resorts, and the IHG executive committee visited Greater China at the end of September, where they explored new opportunities to advance the development of Greater China’s culture and tourism industry. The team also met with strategic partners to discuss new opportunities for collaboration within the country’s evolving hospitality industry.
Elie Maalouf, CEO of IHG Hotels & Resorts said: “We are really excited about the growth opportunity that Greater China represents. It is an important strategic market for IHG and playing a crucial role in the long-term development of the group. Following the uncertainties of the past three years, the Chinese economy has demonstrated remarkable resilience. Thanks to proactive policies that create a strong business environment and promote international cooperation we are maintaining robust growth in Greater China and are committed to increasing our investment and development in the region. As outbound tourism from Greater China recovers, it will also bring additional opportunities for IHG’s global business, and we look forward to welcoming Chinese guests to our distinctive hotels worldwide.”
During the trip, Elie Maalouf and the executive committee visited IHG’s support center in Shanghai and key portfolio properties in the country, including the Kimpton Qiantan Shanghai – Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants’ third property in Greater China. Located in the vibrant business district of Qiantan, the hotel offers a traveller-friendly space infused with French elegance, focusing on design and luxury without attitude.
They also visited the Regent Shanghai on the Bund, which is currently under development. Once completed, the property will become the second Regent hotel in Shanghai, continuing the luxurious legend of the brand, highlighting IHG’s further expansion in Greater China’s growing luxury travel market.
Expanding in Greater China
IHG’s portfolio is comprised of 19 brands, 12 of which are operational in the Greater China region, encompassing luxury & lifestyle, premium, and essential hotel brands to cover a comprehensive range of market segments.
Focused Development, Expanding Luxury & Lifestyle Categories in Greater China
With travellers’ growing demand for high-quality and personalized travel experiences, Luxury & Lifestyle hotels with distinctive designs and local cultural highlights are gaining popularity and becoming one of the key development areas for IHG in Greater China.
The group continues to expand its luxury offerings to meet the diverse needs of local guests and create personalized experiences:
- Regent Hotels & Resorts, as a legendary example of luxury, Regent Hotels & Resorts is opening a glorious new chapter this year. The Regent Hong Kong reopened in March, recreating a classic landmark on the shores of Victoria Harbour, and offering guests a discreetly luxurious private sanctuary. The Regent Shanghai on the Bund will also be reborn soon, continuing the classic legend of the Seagull Hotel and offering travellers an extraordinary experience.
- Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, a distinctive representative of luxury hotel brands, recently celebrated the grand opening of the Kimpton Qiantan Shanghai. In the future, the brand will bring unparalleled luxurious experiences to guests in popular cities such as Nanjing, Sanya, Shenzhen, Wuxi, Guiyang, and Foshan.
- InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, the pioneer of luxury hotels, recently welcomed the opening of InterContinental Zhengzhou and InterContinental Shenzhen NECC, continuing to strengthen the brand’s presence and offering guests the InterContinental life.
- Since its launch in 2021, the Vignette Collection has offered accommodation in major cities and tourist destinations worldwide, and will soon enter the Chinese market, providing guests with uniquely stylish luxury experiences.
Steadily Expanding Footprint for Premium and Essential Hotel Brands in Greater China
In addition to luxury & lifestyle hotels, IHG is expanding its portfolio of premium and essential brands in Greater China. In recent years, brands such as HUALUXE Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn, and Holiday Inn Express have been continually evolving to meet the demands of local consumers for personalized and high-quality stay experiences. Leveraging its rich industry experience and keen business insights, IHG has also introduced its “Franchise+” model tailored for the Chinese market to accelerate expansion in emerging markets, especially in lower-tier cities.
Daniel Aylmer, Managing Director of IHG Greater China, said: “As one of the first international hotel groups to enter the Greater China market, IHG has witnessed and participated in the robust development of its economy and hotel market over the past 48 years. Adhering to the ‘True Hospitality For Good,’ we have always placed high importance on the development of the Greater China market. Leveraging a diverse brand portfolio, we implement localization strategies and operating models that align with the Greater China market, providing hotel investors with a broader range of choices. With our profound insights into the industry and exceptional services, we are crafting personalized travel experiences for our guests that exceed industry standards.”
IHG Hotels & Resorts [LON:IHG, NYSE:IHG (ADRs)] is a global hospitality company, with a purpose to provide True Hospitality for Good.
With a family of 19 hotel brands and IHG One Rewards, one of the world’s largest hotel loyalty programmes, IHG has over 6,200 open hotels in over 100 countries, and more than 2,000 in the development pipeline.
- Luxury & Lifestyle: Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas, Regent Hotels & Resorts, InterContinental Hotels & Resorts, Vignette Collection, Kimpton Hotels & Restaurants, Hotel Indigo
- Premium: voco hotels, HUALUXE Hotels & Resorts, Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts, EVEN Hotels
- Essentials: Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts, Holiday Inn Express, avid hotels
- Suites: Atwell Suites, Staybridge Suites, Holiday Inn Club Vacations, Candlewood Suites
- Exclusive Partners: Iberostar Beachfront Resorts
InterContinental Hotels Group PLC is the Group’s holding company and is incorporated and registered in England and Wales. Approximately 345,000 people work across IHG’s hotels and corporate offices globally.
Visit us online for more about our hotels and reservations and IHG One Rewards. To download the new IHG One Rewards app, visit the Apple App or Google Play stores.