Montreal, Canada, 2017-May-21 — /Travel PR News/ — The International Air Transport Association (IATA), announced the signing of a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Civil Aviation Agency of the Ministry of Transport and Roads of the Kyrgyz Republic.
The MoU sets out a strategic partnership and long-term cooperation agreement between the government and IATA. It recognizes that cooperation in the areas of flight safety and in the adoption of modern technologies is particularly beneficial to enhancing efficiency and driving sustainable growth in the civil aviation sector.
“Working together, the Kyrgyz Republic and the air transport industry have already achieved tangible results in the areas of flight safety, aviation training and sector-specific financial settlement systems. This MoU takes this cooperation further in the direction of a solid and mutually beneficial partnership between government and IATA. It also emphasizes the Kyrgyz authorities’ determination to develop the sector, create jobs, and increase connectivity,” said Rafael Schvartzman, IATA’s Regional Vice President for Europe.
The MoU establishes and commits the parties to cooperation in areas including:
- Improvement of safety and security, including conducting audits of aviation operators, according to relevant IATA programs and standards
- Implementation of new technologies designed to simplify business procedures and transactional processes
- Enhancement of airport infrastructure and air traffic management systems
- Sharing of data on air transport and traffic forecasts in both passenger and cargo segments
- Efficiency improvements, including enhancement of standard requirements to shipment documents, regulatory approvals and booking systems
- Collaboration on matters involving airport and air navigation charges
- Collaboration on environmental initiatives
- Improve the quality of training in the field of civil aviation and assistance in applying the training programs developed by IATA
“This MoU demonstrates the will of the authorities, the business community, and of the air transport industry to continue developing the sector and connectivity not just in Kyrgyzstan, but in the entire Central Asia region. This builds on similar MOUs IATA has concluded with the Governments of Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan,” said Schvartzman.
For more information, please contact:
Tel: +41 22 770 2967