Hyatt celebrates this meaningful recognition during an exceptional year for the hospitality industry
CHICAGO, IL, 2021-Apr-13 — /Travel PR News/ — Hyatt has been named today (April 12, 2021) to the 2021 FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®” list, an annual ranking of companies with outstanding workplace cultures according to global research and consulting firm Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE. Hyatt has earned a spot on the prestigious list for eight consecutive years, ranking No. 16 this year.
Rankings are based on survey responses from more than 5,000 U.S. employees, with respondents rating their workplace culture on more than 60 elements. These include trust in managers, compensation, fairness, camaraderie and workplace traits linked to innovation.
“At Hyatt, our purpose – to care for people so they can be their best – serves as our North Star, guiding us through a time that has impacted our industry tremendously,” said Malaika Myers, chief human resources officer, Hyatt. “Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, our colleagues remained committed to advancing care for our guests and customers with safety and wellbeing as a top priority, while also finding opportunities to provide support for the communities in which we operate. We are grateful to be recognized for our efforts by Great Place to Work® and FORTUNE for the eighth consecutive year, and honored to be named among such well-regarded companies, especially during these exceptional times.”
In 2020, Hyatt pivoted quickly to put several measures in place to support colleagues at the onset of the pandemic, while also taking steps to further address diversity, equity & inclusion (DE&I) and an increased need to prioritize wellbeing, including:
- Established the Hyatt Care Fund, a program designed to support colleagues with the most pressing financial needs as a result of COVID-19 through a series of coordinated efforts around the world, with a total of $17m in funds being paid out
- Implemented Hyatt’s Global Care & Cleanliness Program that builds on existing rigorous safety and cleanliness protocols
- Launched Hyatt’s Change Starts Here commitments to accelerate our diversity, equity and inclusion efforts
- Introduced Hyatt Well-Check, a mental wellbeing assessment tool developed by Weill Cornell Department of Medicine, to help colleagues better understand the state of their own mental wellbeing and point them toward resources
Hyatt also offers employees benefits and perks designed to allow them to be their best, including:
- Travel perks including complimentary stays at Hyatt hotels around the world
- A global family assistance policy that provides employees with paid time off following the birth or adoption of a child as well as financial assistance for adoption
- Access to skills training and world-class education opportunities through Saba Cloud
- A diverse workplace, including many diversity business resource groups, creating an environment where all colleagues can be their authentic selves at work
- Work-life benefits including wellbeing initiatives, on-site rest and relaxation, meditation lounges, flexible schedules
- Access to a complimentary Headspace subscription as a means of supporting them on their own mental health and wellbeing journeys
- Free or subsidized meals to hotel employees during work hours
The 2021 FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®” recognition adds to a growing list of workplace accolades Hyatt received in the past year, including:
- 2021 World’s Most Admired Companies – FORTUNE
- America’s Best Employers for Diversity – Forbes
- Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality – Human Rights Campaign
- America’s Best Employers for Women – Forbes
- 50 Companies that Care – PEOPLE & Great Place to Work
- 2020 Best Workplaces for Parents – Great Place to Work
- 2020 Best Large Workplaces for Millennials – Great Place to Work
For more information or to explore open positions at Hyatt hotels and offices around the world, please visit http://www.hyatt.jobs/. To see the full list of the 2021 FORTUNE “100 Best Companies to Work For®,” click here.
The term “Hyatt” is used in this release for convenience to refer to Hyatt Hotels Corporation and/or one or more of its affiliates.
People analytics firm Great Place to Work® surveyed over half a million employees on issues including how trustworthy, caring and fair the company is in times of crises; employees’ physical, emotional and financial health; and the company’s broader community impact. Analysis revealed strong links between positive employee opinions and how employees witnessed their senior leaders and direct managers during the crisis. Seventy-one percent of winning workplaces scored better than in pre-pandemic times, increasing employees’ experiences of workplace trust an average of three percentage points.
Particular attention was paid to how employees’ experiences varied depending on their job role, gender, race/ethnicity, payroll status, and other characteristics to ensure that the company is creating a great workplace for all.
In a typical year, 75 percent of each company’s score is based on confidential employee feedback and 25 percent is based on our analysis of company’s essay questions describing their programs and practices. This year, we changed the essay question to focus on actions taken specifically in response to the challenges of 2020. We collected over 100 data points regarding each company’s employee demographics and HR programs and practices. We weighted 40 percent of this year’s score on how each company stepped up to support their people and communities, taking into account how significantly they were impacted by the pandemic; and 60 percent on employees’ confidential survey responses.
Companies need to employ at least 1,000 US employees to be considered for the 100 Best Companies list, and at least 100,000 employees globally to be considered for the Best Big Companies to Work For list. Government agencies are not eligible.
About the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list
Great Place to Work based its ranking on a data-driven methodology applied to anonymous Trust Index™ survey responses from more than 4.1 million employees at Great Place to Work-Certified organizations across the country. To learn more about Great Place to Work Certification and recognition on Best Workplaces lists published with Fortune, visit Greatplacetowork.com.
About Great Place to Work®
Great Place to Work® is the global authority on workplace culture. Since 1992, they have surveyed more than 100 million employees worldwide and used those deep insights to define what makes a great workplace: trust. Their employee survey platform empowers leaders with the feedback, real-time reporting and insights they need to make data-driven people decisions. Everything they do is driven by the mission to build a better world by helping every organization become a great place to work For All™.
Learn more at greatplacetowork.com and on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.
About Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company offering 20 premier brands. As of December 31, 2020, the Company’s portfolio included more than 975 hotel, all-inclusive, and wellness resort properties in 69 countries across six continents. The Company’s purpose to care for people so they can be their best informs its business decisions and growth strategy and is intended to attract and retain top employees, build relationships with guests and create value for shareholders. The Company’s subsidiaries operate, manage, franchise, own, lease, develop, license, or provide services to hotels, resorts, branded residences, and vacation ownership properties, including under the Park Hyatt®, Miraval®, Grand Hyatt®, Alila®, Andaz®, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt®, Destination by Hyatt™, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt®, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Zilara™, Thompson Hotels®, Hyatt Centric®, Caption by Hyatt, JdV by Hyatt™, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Place®, tommie™, UrCove, and Hyatt Residence Club® brand names, and operates the World of Hyatt® loyalty program that provides distinct benefits and exclusive experiences to its valued members. For more information, please visit www.hyatt.com.
Source: Hyatt Hotels Corporation