Recognition as a top multinational workplace coincides with relaunch of Hyatt career website Hyatt.jobs
CHICAGO, 2014-10-30 — /Travel PR News/ — Hyatt Hotels Corporation (NYSE: H) announced today that Hyatt has been named one of the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces by Great Place to Work®. The annual list honors 25 companies that have been recognized by their employees as an organization that fosters creativity, trust and camaraderie.
This year marks Hyatt’s inaugural appearance on the list, following Great Place to Work® recognitions in the United States, France, Germany, United Arab Emirates, India, and the United Kingdom.
“This incredible recognition reflects how our people-focused culture, and the care we show to everyone in the Hyatt family, extends to our colleagues around the world,” said Robb Webb, chief human resources officer, Hyatt Hotels Corporation. “We encourage our colleagues to be innovative in every aspect of their work, and our culture is one where it is second nature for colleagues to treat one another with the same level of care and attention shown to our guests. This helps our colleagues’ personalities shine through and ultimately offers Hyatt guests a better experience.”
The Great Place to Work® World’s Best Multinational Workplace list ranks the best 25 global companies in terms of workplace culture, based off of a global survey of multinational companies and their associates. Qualifying companies must have been selected for at least five national Great Place to Work lists, have at least 5,000 employees worldwide and count at least 40 percent of their global workforce outside of the company’s home country.
A New Hyatt Careers Website
To coincide with the global recognition from Great Place to Work, Hyatt has relaunched its career website, Hyatt.jobs, to give potential Hyatt colleagues a chance to learn about the diverse cultures and workplace experiences through colleague testimonials. The site also offers new tools to more easily find career opportunities at Hyatt hotels in 48 countries around the world.
New features of the site include:
- Job postings in 15 languages with postings delivered based on the candidate’s browser setting; flexibility to toggle between languages also available.
- Prominent placement of the search feature to allow candidates to quickly peruse open positions in the geographical location and occupational role they desire.
- Responsive design technology for access on a desktop computer, tablet or smartphone.
- Integration with numerous social media outlets, featuring a live stream of Hyatt Careers social channels.
- Customized interface with Taleo, Hyatt’s job application software that gives users the ability to search and apply for positions without having to link out.
- Showcase of international employer-related awards bestowed upon Hyatt.
Strong Record of Workplace Recognition
Hyatt hotels consistently are recognized as leaders in promoting a nurturing, positive and diverse workplace environments. Hyatt has received some of the most prestigious workplace distinctions in recent years, including:
- FORTUNE named Hyatt to its “100 Best Companies to Work For” list in the U.S. for the first time in 2014, based significantly on the results of a Hyatt associate survey.
- Glassdoor named Hyatt to its “Top 50 Best Places to Work” list in 2014, based on reviews by Hyatt associates.
- Human Rights Campaign named Hyatt as a “Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality” for the tenth consecutive year in 2014.
- The Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek and experience.com have named Hyatt as a desired employer for recent graduates and young professionals. AARP has named Hyatt a top employer for older Americans.
- Hispanic Business Magazine and the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) recognized Hyatt for its hiring of Hispanic and African-American associates.
- Hyatt hotels in Europe made its debut in 2014 on the “Top Multinational Workplaces in Europe” list.
- Hyatt hotels ranked as the 7th “Best Large Workplace” in the United Kingdom.
- Hyatt hotels were named one of the “Top 15 Companies to Work For” in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) by Great Place to Work.®
- Great Place to Work® named Hyatt hotels to its “Best Employers” lists in France, Germany and India.
Showing Hospitality to Our Colleagues
In addition to a culture of mutual respect, intellectual honesty, integrity, innovation and creativity, Hyatt hotels offer benefits for their associates inspired by the hospitality they show to guests, including:
- Complimentary and discounted stays at Hyatt hotels around the world
- Free or subsidized meals during work hours served in associate dining rooms
- A wide variety of wellness programs and fitness activities, like yoga, Zumba, and kickboxing classes, at hotels to help associates stay energized and healthy
- Flexible work schedules
- Competitive wage and benefits package with paid holidays and vacation
The term “Hyatt” is used in this release for convenience to refer to Hyatt Hotels Corporation and/or one or more of its affiliates.
About Great Place to Work®
Great Place to Work®, headquartered in San Francisco, is a global research, consulting and training firm that helps organizations identify, create and sustain great workplaces through the development of high-trust workplace cultures. Great Place to Work serves businesses, non-profit organizations and government agencies in 51 countries.
About the World’s Best Multinational Workplaces List
Great Place to Work’s annual World’s Best Multinational Workplaces List ranks the top 25 global companies to work for. Qualifying companies must have been selected for at least five national Great Place to Work® lists, have at least 5,000 employees worldwide and count at least 40 percent of their global workforce outside of the company’s home country.
About Hyatt Hotels Corporation
Hyatt Hotels Corporation, headquartered in Chicago, is a leading global hospitality company with a proud heritage of making guests feel more than welcome. Thousands of members of the Hyatt family strive to make a difference in the lives of the guests they encounter every day by providing authentic hospitality. The Company’s subsidiaries manage, franchise, license, own and develop hotels, resorts, branded residences and vacation ownership properties under the Hyatt®, Park Hyatt®, Andaz®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Residences® and Hyatt Residence Club® brand names and have locations on six continents. As of June 30, 2014, the Company’s worldwide portfolio consisted of 563 properties in 48 countries. For more information, please visit www.hyatt.com.
Hyatt Hotels & Resorts