London, UK, 2023-Jul-12 — /Travel PR News/ — Heathrow has partnered with Mr. Men Little Miss to create a mobile game to entertain young travellers at the airport over the summer holiday period. The game features Mr. Adventure and Little Miss Explorer, characters created exclusively for Heathrow. It can be easily accessed by scanning a QR code which will be posted throughout the airport, with no downloads or sign-ups necessary.
The game is available now and suitable for 2-12-year-olds, providing parents with a quick and engaging way to entertain children throughout the airport. Activities include travel-themed quizzes, colouring-in pages, and a search and find game where kids can hunt for their favourite Mr. Men characters. Children can even use the game’s camera mode to snap photos with the characters themselves.
A Parent Zone for grown-ups includes tips and information for families travelling through Heathrow, including how to find the nearest play areas and baby changing facilities, safety tips and a helpful shopping directory.
Heathrow colleagues will also be handing out free Mr. Men colouring packs and stickers to families throughout the airport this summer. Travellers can also take advantage of Heathrow’s other initiatives to make travelling easier for families, including the Kids Eat Free offer – available at selected restaurants across terminals; as well as free Heathrow Express tickets for children under 15.
Summer is set to be the most popular time to travel through Heathrow, with a forecast of over 850,000 passengers expected to depart in the first week of the summer holidays. As the most connected airport in the UK, travellers can fly to over 200 different destinations from Heathrow, with the most common holiday spots this summer predicted to be New York, Dubai, Los Angeles and Dublin.
Tonia Fielding, Director of Services at Heathrow, commented: “At Heathrow we want the airport experience to be as fun and stress-fee as possible. We know over the summer holidays many families will be jetting off on well-earned, much-needed, time away with the kids and we wanted to make travelling with little ones that little bit easier this summer.
We’re looking forward to welcoming all the Mr Adventures and Little Miss Explorers at Heathrow over the summer months and we hope the Mr. Men Summer Fun game gives children something fun to do, while taking some of the pressure off parents as they start their journey at Heathrow.”
The Summer Fun game can be accessed via a mobile phone or tablet by scanning the QR codes across Heathrow terminals, or via this link: https://summerfun.heathrow.com
Notes to Editors
Mr. Men™ Little Miss™ © 2023 THOIP (a SANRIO Company). All rights reserved.
The first week of the summer holidays refers to w/c 24 July 2023.
Heathrow Express: Children aged 15 years and under travel free in Express Class when accompanied by a paying adult or can travel unaccompanied if they have proof of air travel such as a valid flight booking or boarding pass. Photo ID will be required.
Kids Eat Free Terms & Conditions:
- Applicable dates: 10-19 Feb 2023, 30 Mar 2023 – 16 Apr 2023, 26 May 2023 – 4 Jun 2023, 20 Jul 2023 – 3 Sep 2023, 20 – 29 Oct 2023, 15 Dec 2023 – 1 Jan 2024
- Offer is for one free meal from the children’s menu, with each adult main course purchased from the main menu that is priced at over £14.95
- Offer only applies to children under the age of 12 years old
- Maximum of four free children’s meals per table
- In the event a group reaches the maximum allowance of free meals and would like to purchase additional children’s meals as part of the same transaction, the group will not be charged for the least expensive children’s meals up to the maximum allowance
- Offer must be mentioned to the restaurant at the time of ordering, restaurant is not responsible for applying offer automatically
- Offer can only be redeemed in person in the restaurants, not through any digital pre-order services
- The offer does not apply to drinks, starters or desserts
- Not valid in conjunction with any other offer
- Subject to availability, no substitute available, no cash alternative
- Offer is only valid in participating restaurants listed above
Heathrow is Europe’s largest airport and has reclaimed a spot as one of the top 10 largest airports in the world and second largest for international travellers. The airport is home to more than 80 airlines and is Britain’s most valuable cargo port, helping to drive British trade growth by connecting the nation to more than 200 destinations around the world. Heathrow was recently ranked as ‘Best Airport in Europe’ at the Business Traveller Awards 2022.
0208 745 7224
Source: Heathrow Airport