LONDON, 2016-Oct-28 — /Travel PR News/ — British Airways is launching a new service to Fort Lauderdale from July 6, 2017. It will be the airline’s third route from Gatwick to Florida, and its fourth service to the ‘sunshine state’.
One of the largest cities in Florida, which is situated just 28 miles north of Miami, Fort Lauderdale enjoys average year-round temperatures of 25 degrees and basks in 3,000 hours of sunshine every year.
The route will be served by a 777-200 aircraft operating three-days a week year round (four-a-week during peak summer) with each way fares from £189 available to book now on ba.com.
Colm Lacy, British Airways’ head of commercial for Gatwick, said: “British Airways will now serve four Florida gateways, offering more seats from London to the sunshine state than any other carrier. It’s a city that boasts beautiful beaches, Venice-like waterways, an international yachting scene and world-class restaurants, and is also within easy reach of Miami, so customers can visit both destinations as part of a trip to the sunshine state.
“More than 2.8 million international visitors head to Fort Lauderdale every year and we are confident this route will be a big hit with British tourists, especially with each way fares from £189 per person which includes a generous complimentary baggage allowance and free food, drink and entertainment.”
Fort Lauderdale is well connected to a number of destinations and attractions, including: (by car)
- Miami Beach and the art deco hotels lining Ocean Drive (40 minutes)
- Hard Rock Stadium – home to NFL’s Miami Dolphins (20 minutes)
- The tropical wetlands of the Everglades (1 hour 10 minutes)
- Fort Myers, the ‘City of Palms’ (2 hours)
- Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (3 hours)
- Universal Studios, Orlando (3 hours 10 minutes)
- Key West, the southernmost tip of the Florida Keys (3 hours 40 minutes)
Fort Lauderdale makes a good starting point for road trips with Key West in the south, Orlando and Tampa in the centre and Fort Myers to the west popular for fly-drive holidays.
British Airways offers customers the option to customise their trip allowing then to fly in and out of different airports, select multiple hotels and add car hire for all or part of their holiday.
For those wanting to hit the road, British Airways Holidays has the following packages on offer:
- British Airways offers flight and 7 day fly-drive holidays in Fort Lauderdale from £429 per person based on 2 adults sharing an economy car for selected departures in September and October 2017. To book visit ba.com/car
- British Airways offers flight and 7 day car hire in Fort Lauderdale from £429 per person based on 2 adults sharing an economy car for selected departures in September and October 2017. To book visit ba.com/car
- British Airways offers 5 night holidays to Fort Lauderdale from £569 per person based on 2 adults sharing for selected departures in September and October 2017, staying at the 4* Hyatt Regency Pier Sixty-Six on an accommodation only board basis. To book visit ba.com/florida
For more information, please visit ba.com
Notes to editors:
• Return fares will start from £378 per person in World Traveller, £895 per person in World Traveller Plus and £1699 in Club World.
• BA2169 will depart from Gatwick at 09:25 and arrive at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport at 13:45 while the BA2168 will leave Fort Lauderdale at 17:00, arriving into Gatwick at 06:30 the next day.
SOURCE: British Airways