EDINBURGH, 2018-Jun-22 — /Travel PR News/ — A luxury B&B in Scotland’s capital city has achieved the highest Quality Assurance (QA) grading from Visit Scotland.
Barony House, situated in the Newington area of Edinburgh, recently received a 5-star Guest House Quality Assurance award from the national tourism organisation in recognition of its exceptional standards. The B&B previously held a Four-Star Gold status which it received in 2016.
Barony House offers five bedrooms with ensuite bathrooms, and a separate Servants’ Quarters. Owners Paul and Susan Johnson have designed each of the rooms around an arts & crafts theme, taking inspiration from Susan’s famous British ancestor John Ruskin, a Victorian art critic and pioneer of The Arts and Crafts movement. The B&B is also proud to have a Taste Our Best award, for its use of local and quality Scottish produce and is a member of the Cyclists and Golfers Welcome Schemes.
Barony House is also joined by 142 other businesses in the city as part of the VisitScotland Information Partner programme, all committed to ensuring visitors receive first-class information about the region and Scotland as a whole.
Developed and improved for over 30 years, Visit Scotland’s Quality Assurance Schemes are world-leading and provide a trusted, independent and impartial source of information for visitors. They allow businesses not just to meet visitor expectations, but to exceed them.
VisitScotland Industry Relationship Manager, Alasdair Maclauchlan said: “Congratulations to Barony House on this fantastic achievement. The luxury B&B is a shining example of the quality experience on offer in Edinburgh.
“Our Quality Assurance scheme helps businesses to reach their full potential and truly shine. The scheme is about more than just the ‘stars’ on the door – it’s about the entire visitor experience, about investing in your business, driving-up quality and creating jobs.
“Delivering a quality experience that meets, and exceeds, visitor expectations is crucial in making Scotland a must-visit, must-return destination.”
Owner of Barony House, Paul Johnson said:“ The support from The Tourist Board has been exemplary and has helped us keep motivated to meet the expectations of a 5-Star B&B experience and improve our ability to deliver on that. Thank you to everyone who has supported us in the community and for everyone’s continued support for our young family in Edinburgh.”
For more information on the VisitScotland Quality Assurance and Visitor Information Partnership (VIP) schemes, visit www.visitscotland.org
For more information on Barony House, visit: www.baronyhouse.co.uk
Susan and Paul Johnson received their 5-star QA award from VisitScotland Industry Relationship Manager Alasdair Maclauchlan.
Notes to Editors
- Follow us on twitter: @visitscotnews
- VisitScotland is Scotland’s national tourism organisation. Its core purpose is to maximise the economic benefit of tourism to Scotland.
- The organisation’s core objective is to contribute to the Tourism 2020 Strategy ambition of growing tourism revenues by £1 billion by 2020.
- This will be supported by five overarching strategies: Marketing, Events, Quality and Sustainability, Inclusive Tourism, International Engagement.
- The organisation employs 700 people and has offices and VisitScotland Information Centres across Scotland.
- Spending by tourists in Scotland generates around £12 billion of economic activity in the wider Scottish supply chain and contributes around £6 billion to Scottish GDP (in basic prices). This represents about 5% of total Scottish GDP
- For VisitScotland’s press releases go to http://www.visitscotland.org/media_centre.aspx, tourism statistics and frequently asked questions go to http://www.visitscotland.org/
- Where possible, a Gaelic speaker will be made available for broadcast interviews on request (Far an tèid iarraidh, agus far am bheil sin nar comas, bruidhinnidh neach le Gàidhlig aig agallamh)
- For holiday information on Scotland go to www.visitscotland.com
- For information about business tourism in Scotland go to www.conventionscotland.com
2018 Year of Young People
- The Year of Young People (YoYP 2018) will inspire Scotland through its young people aged 8 to 26, celebrating their achievements, valuing their contributions to communities and creating new opportunities for them to shine locally, nationally and globally
- Central to YoYP 2018 will be a celebratory events programme that puts young people at the heart of its development and delivery, creating new and valuable experiences for young Scots and the wider public, with links to the inaugural 2018 European Championships.
- Over 200 young people throughout Scotland are currently being recruited to become YoYP 2018 Ambassadors. Ambassadors will ensure that people and organisations in their communities know about what’s happening and will lead on projects and activities to create events and opportunities to celebrate young people.
- The Year of Young People will have six themes which were developed in co-production with young people themselves:
- Participation – looking at how young people can influence public services and decisions which affect their lives
- Education – creating a stronger role for young people in shaping their learning
- Health and Wellbeing – supporting young people to lead healthier, active lives and have opportunities to learn about and improve their mental health and resilience
- Equality and Discrimination – broadcasting the value of young Scots, challenging negative perceptions of young people, and supporting young people to take leading roles in challenging discrimination in all its forms.
- Enterprise and regeneration – celebrating young people’s role in innovation, entrepreneurship and the Scottish economy as well as making Scotland a greener and more pleasant place to live
- Culture – celebrating young people’s talent and contribution to Scottish culture and arts.
- Further information on what’s happening and how people can get involved can be found on the new website www.yoyp2018.scot or @YOYP2018 on Twitter.
Senior Corporate Press Officer – Regional
South Region, Taste Our Best
Out of hours – 0131 472 2324