- 400,000 half price tickets up for grabs for east coast journeys
- Half price tickets on sale between January 9 and January 13
- Tickets for travel between January 30 and March 31*
LONDON, 2017-Jan-10 — /Travel PR News/ — Missing the Christmas break already? Plan your next staycation and take advantage of discounted tickets in Virgin Trains’ New Year seat sale, starting on Monday January 9 and finishing on Friday January 13. Half price offers on four hundred thousand tickets will be available for travel between January 30 and March 31 2017* on both Standard and First Class tickets across the whole east coast route.
From stunning architecture in Edinburgh, to the rich tapestry of history in York, you can get to these and many more destinations along the route in style and comfort for less. Half price fares include the below Standard Advance Single tickets:
- London King’s Cross to Leeds; originally from £15.50, now from £7.75
- Edinburgh to London King’s Cross; originally from £40, now from £20
- Newcastle to Edinburgh; originally from £12.80, now from £6.40
- Peterborough to London King’s Cross; originally from £11.50, now from £5.75
- York to Newcastle; originally from £12.00, now from £6.00
And the below First Class Advance Single tickets:
- London King’s Cross to Leeds; originally from £43.50, now from £21.75
- Edinburgh to London King’s Cross; originally from £70.50, now from £35.25
- Newcastle to Edinburgh; originally from £25.50, now from £12.75
- Peterborough to London King’s Cross; originally from £24.00, now from £12.00
- York to Newcastle; originally from £19.80, now from £9.90
David Horne, Managing Director at Virgin Trains on the east coast, said: “New Year is the perfect time to plan your next getaway and our fantastic deals offer our customers the chance to buy discounted tickets to any of the great destinations on our east coast network. Not only can our customers take advantage of these super savings, they are also able to travel in style on one of our newly refurbished trains, which feature stylish new interiors and a touch of Virgin glamour for added comfort.”
*Terms & Conditions
- Book between 10:00 on Monday 9 January and 23:59 on Friday 13 January 2017 only at virgintrainseastcoast.com/sale and trainline.com/SeatSale
- Valid on tickets travelling between 30 January to 31 March 2017, excluding 17-20 February 2017 (inclusive)
- For travel on Virgin Trains East Coast services and connections only
- At least 400,000 of our lowest Advance tickets (325,000 Standard and 75,000 First Class) will be made available across the travel period and are subject to availability
- Limited availability on peak services and at weekends
- Due to engineering works there will be no sale tickets available on journeys to and from London King’s Cross on 4-5 February and 11-12 February 2017
- No other offers or discounts can be applied, including Railcards
- Full Virgin Trains East Coast Advance terms and conditions apply and can be found at virgintrainseastcoast.com/advance
About Virgin Trains:
Stagecoach and Virgin are working in partnership to operate the East Coast and West Coast inter-city routes under the Virgin Trains brand. Together, they are on track to revolutionise rail travel across the UK.
The combined network connects some of the nation’s most iconic destinations including Glasgow, Liverpool, Birmingham, Manchester, Edinburgh, Newcastle, Leeds, York and London.
Virgin Trains is committed to delivering a high speed, high frequency service, offering shorter journey times, more comfortable travel and excellent customer service. Customers consistently rate Virgin Trains as one of the top long-distance rail franchise operators in the National Rail Passenger Survey (NRPS) commissioned by industry watchdog, Transport Focus.
On the East Coast route, £140m is being invested to create a more personalised travel experience. We have already invested £21m to completely revamp our existing fleet and customers can now benefit from 42 additional services (22,000 extra seats) per week between Edinburgh and London. 2018 will see the introduction of completely new Azuma trains being built in the UK by Hitachi.
The West Coast route has a proud record of challenging the status quo – from introducing tilting Pendolino trains, to a pioneering automated delay repay scheme and becoming the first franchised rail operator to offer m-Tickets for all ticket types.
0845 000 3333