- Jobs fair will take place at Manchester Chamber of Commerce tomorrow between 10:00 and 14:00
- Positions on offer with airport operator MAG include roles in security, customer services, car parks and hospitality
- Ground handling agent Swissport seeks ramp and baggage agents, lounge hosts and customer service agents
- For more information see www.manchesterairport.co.uk/recruitment
Manchester, UK, 2023-Feb-09 — /Travel PR News/ — Manchester Airport is reminding jobseekers of the chance to land one of 1,500 roles at a special jobs fair tomorrow (Tuesday, 7th February).
The event is taking place at the at the Greater Manchester Chamber of Commerce, in Manchester City Centre, with opportunities with a range of employers up for grabs.
They include ground handling agent Swissport, with vacancies on offer for ramp and baggage agents, lounge hosts and customer service agents. New Swissport recruits will join more than 100 who have already been offered positions based in Manchester ahead of the summer travel season.
The airport is working with all its partner organisations to prepare for a busy summer, and ensure passengers get the best possible experience when the travel through the Northern hub.
The event will take place from 10:00 – 14:00 tomorrow, in the Chamber’s Elliot Suite on Deansgate. Jobs that Manchester Airport itself is recruiting for include positions in customer services, security, hospitality and car parking.
Around 25 other employers operating from Manchester Airport will also be represented at the jobs fair, including;
· Restaurant and retail operators, such as HMS Host, SSP, TRG, Boots, Costa Coffee, JD Sport, World Duty Free, Wagamama, Barburrito, Travelex and Blakemore Retail;
· The airline and package holiday provider, Jet2.com;
· Aviation service providers, including Seetec Plus, Menzies Aviation, ABM, Swissport, DNATA, ICTS UK LTD and Excess Baggage;
· Housekeeping service providers, including Mitie and Clarity CFG (House Keeping LTD);
· Construction partner MACE, which is leading on the second phase of the Manchester Airport Transformation Programme.
Those attending the jobs fair will have the opportunity to put questions to recruiters about the roles on offer and gain an understanding of what they are looking for from prospective employees.
Chris Woodroofe, Managing Director at Manchester Airport, said:
“Having welcomed more than 2,000 new colleagues in 2022, including over 1,100 in Security, we are now looking ahead to a busy summer in 2023, and are delighted to be able to recruit for a variety of roles. We are always on the lookout for talented and passionate people who can help us to deliver a high-quality experience for our passengers.
“We are working closely with all our partners, including Swissport, as they look to build their own teams in preparation for the summer and are pleased to see good progress being made on this already.
“If you are looking for work, or just interested in learning about what a career in aviation could offer you, please do visit us on Tuesday to find out more.”
Karen Cox, Managing Director for Swissport Ground Handling, UK & Ireland said: “We’re delighted to be part of the jobs fair and are excited to share our insight into the roles we have on offer.
“The airport is a unique work environment, with no two days alike and where everyone can make a difference for airport users. Whether checking passengers in or getting up close to the planes, we’re confident there’s a role for everyone.”
Jobseekers who are currently out of work can take advantage of free careers advice and support courses from the Airport Academy, which offers fully accredited training schemes for people receiving Jobseekers’ Allowance who need additional assistance in returning to work. Smart Works, an organisation which specialises in supporting women from disadvantaged backgrounds in finding employment, will also be represented.
Those securing roles with MAG can also take advantage of a wide range of benefits. These include discounts on public transport when travelling to work, free on-site car parking whilst working and when going on holiday, an excellent pension scheme, training programmes, retail discounts plus many more.
Attendees can find out more online at www.manchesterairport.co.uk/recruitment.
For roles with third parties, look directly on their websites or local job sites.
Tеl: 0161 489 2700
Source: Manchester Airport