Lower Rates, Less Traffic, Ideal Weather Among Top Reasons for Pre-Memorial Day Travel
ST. LOUIS, 2015-5-5 — /Travel PR News/ — While Memorial Day weekend may be the unofficial start of the summer travel season, Enterprise Rent-A-Car and consumer travel expert Rudy Maxa are reminding Americans that now is also an ideal time to hit the road. The weeks between spring break and Memorial Day – which Enterprise refers to as “SpringBetween” – are filled with benefits that travelers may not be able to take advantage of once the summer rush begins.
“Summer is typically the busiest travel season, but there are plenty of reasons why would-be travelers should consider taking a vacation earlier this year,” said Maxa, who hosts and produces “Rudy Maxa’s World” on public television and AXS-TV.
In particular, Enterprise and Maxa have teamed together to highlight the benefits of “SpringBetween” travel, which include:
- Great deals on rental cars– Enterprise Rent-A-Car’s $9.99 weekend special remains available to customers through May 18. Customers can enjoy weekend rates of $9.99 per day on economy and compact cars when renting Friday through Monday. The rate includes 300 free miles per weekend.
- Lower hotel room rates and lodging alternatives– In many cases, hotel room rates at popular leisure travel destinations are lower now compared to the summer months.
- Less crowded highways and attractions – While school is still in session, fewer families are hitting the highways, and many popular tourist sites are less crowded (especially during weekdays).
- Tax refunds fresh in hand– Many Americans recently received tax refunds, which can be used to help make that getaway extra special.
- Beat the summer heat– Head out and enjoy that vacation now before temperatures rise.
“‘SpringBetween’ has been a best kept secret among savvy travelers,” said Steve Short, vice president, Enterprise Rent-A-Car. “Making your ‘SpringBetween’ getaway in a rental car gives you the space you need and saves mileage and wear-and-tear on your own vehicle.”
With more than 5,500 offices located within 15 miles of 90 percent of the U.S. population, Enterprise operates not only as a key provider for insurance replacement, weekend getaways and special occasions, but also as a local transportation alternative. For more information or to rent a vehicle, visit www.enterprise.com.
About Enterprise Rent-A-Car
Founded in 1957 and known for an extensive network of convenient locations, affordable rates and outstanding customer service, Enterprise Rent-A-Car is an internationally recognized brand that is the highest-ranked car rental brand in the J.D. Power 2014 North American Rental Car Satisfaction StudySM and was ranked on BusinessWeek magazine’s annual list of “Customer Service Champs” for four years in a row. With more than 5,500 offices located within 15 miles of 90 percent of the U.S. population, Enterprise operates not only as a key provider for insurance replacement, weekend getaways and special occasions, but also as a local transportation alternative
For more information, contact: