Barcelona, Spain, 2014-11-13 — /Travel PR News/ — Vueling, Spain’s leading low cost carrier, will launch flights from Birmingham Airport to Barcelona on 1st June 2015. The airline will start with three flights a week, and grow up to four in August to Barcelona El Prat Airport where it is the leading airline, with almost 40% of the market share.
This new service will add an additional 21,600 seats to Barcelona from Birmingham and give passengers a choice of more than 140 destinations on the Vueling network across Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
Operating 180 seat A320 aircraft, flights will depart from Birmingham at lunchtime and arrive into Barcelona mid-afternoon.
“Owned by the IAG group, Vueling also offers code shares with the likes of British Airways and Iberia, giving even more choice across the group’s network so we are delighted that Vueling has committed to Birmingham and I’m certain the route will be a great success.”
Flights are on sale now with a lead in fare of 44,99€ via vueling.com, app mobile or via travel agents.
About Birmingham Airport
- Birmingham Airport is the UK’s third largest airport outside London, and the UK’s seventh largest overall, handling more than nine million passengers a year.
- Birmingham serves more than 140 direct scheduled & charter routes and offers an additional 280 possible connections worldwide. This gives passengers a choice of over 400 direct or one-stop flights.
- The airport’s extended runway was officially opened in July 2014, and inaugurated with a direct, fully laden passenger flight to Beijing, China. The longer runway allows aircraft to now fly globally direct from the Midlands, throughout Asia, Africa and the Americas.
- Over the last 10 years, Birmingham Airport has invested more than £200m to develop its infrastructure, and has the capacity to handle 36m passengers a year on its single runway.
Find out more about Birmingham Airport at www.birminghamairport.co.uk or on Twitter at bhx_official.
Vueling began in July 2004 with two Airbus A320’s four routes. Now, 10 years later, the airline flies 285 routes in more than 140 cities in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- Vueling operates from 40 countries and has transported more than 90 million passengers to date.
- Vueling is the market leader in the El Prat airport in Barcelona with a share of 40 percent. The airline has a modern fleet of 90 Airbus aircraft (Airbus A319 and A320)
- The airline has a business class called Excellence with all services included such as Priority Boarding, XL seat in the First row, catering on board, full flexibility (fast track and Vip Lounge in Barcelona’s Airport)
- Birmingham-Barcelona Flight Schedule:
BIRMINGHAM BARCELONA 1410 1715
BARCELONA BIRMINGHAM 1200 1325
BIRMINGHAM BARCELONA 1305 1610
BARCELONA BIRMINGHAM 1055 1220
BIRMINGHAM BARCELONA 1235 1540
BARCELONA BIRMINGHAM 1025 1150