Celebrating the best of English tourism, applications are now open for the VisitEngland 2018 Awards for Excellence
LONDON, 2017-Nov-02 — /Travel PR News/ — Now in its 29th year, the awards laud the very finest in English tourism, promoting best practice and raising the bar in customer service.
VisitEngland Director Andrew Stokes said:
“These awards honour tourism businesses and individuals who continuously champion excellence in customer service, ensuring visitors have the most rewarding and memorable experiences. From cosy cottages on the coast to traditional village pubs and from local visitor information providers to expert tour guides, the awards shine a light on the outstanding tourism products available throughout England.”
The 15 core award categories range from ‘Hotel of the Year’ to ‘Small Visitor Attraction of the Year’, from ‘Dog Friendly Business Provider of the Year’ to ‘Tourism Pub of the Year’. This year, there are also three extra award categories: the New Tourism Business Award, Innovation in Tourism Award and Inbound Tourism Award.
The VisitEngland Awards for Excellence are run by VisitEngland, in partnership with destination management organisations and other recognised awards organisers across the country.
Applications for the 2018 awards are open until 5 January 2018, with finalists named in March. The winners will be announced at an afternoon tea awards ceremony on 23 April 2018 at the Bath Assembly Rooms.
Last year there were 67 finalists, who enjoyed High Tea at the Hilton Waldorf in London.
For more information about the 2018 VisitEngland Awards for Excellence and to apply: www.visitenglandawards.org(link is external)
Notes to Editors:
- About the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2018:
- The VisitEngland Awards for Excellence 2018 celebrate the best of English tourism. They promote healthy industry competition and high standards, helping to ensure England’s place as a world-class destination www.visitenglandawards.org(link is external).
- The core categories for the 2018 awards are: Bed and Breakfast of the Year; Boutique Guest Accommodation of the Year; Business Tourism Award; Dog Friendly Business of the Year; Guided Tour of the Year; Holiday Park/Holiday Village of the Year; Hotel of the Year; Inclusive Tourism Award; Large Visitor Attraction of the Year; Self-Catering Holiday Provider of the Year; Small Visitor Attraction of the Year; Sustainable Tourism Award; Visitor Information Provider of the Year; Taste of England Award and Tourism Pub of the Year.
- Award entry process: The route of entry is different depending on which part of the country the business is located and the chosen category.
- Businesses located in areas where local or regional tourism awards are in operation, must first enter the local/regional competition(s). Eligible winners of these competitions are then invited to apply to the VisitEngland Awards for Excellence via www.visitenglandawards.org(link is external). Businesses located in areas without a local or regional awards competition can enter the VisitEngland Awards competition direct.
- Businesses may enter the VisitEngland Awards directly for any categories that are not covered by their local/regional competition.
- The three new award categories are direct entry only – New Tourism Business Award, Innovation in Tourism Award and Inbound Tourism Award – meaning they do not require the applicants to have been recognised at a local or regional competition.
For more information please contact:
T: +44 (0) 20 7578 1428
M: +44 (0) 7500 555 651