- Triple the normal Avios available by spending through the online shopping gateway British Airways Avios eStore featuring over 1,200 top UK brands
- 30% bonus also available for first time shoppers
- Customers can redeem Avios for flights and upgrades as well as hotels and car hire
London, UK, 2020-Nov-10 — /Travel PR News/ — With people staying at home and heading online, shoppers can collect even more Avios when they spend through the British Airways Avios eStore with double and even triple Avios awarded by purchasing through selected retailers.
Running on purchases made until 23 December, 2020, the promotion means that customers looking for some online retail therapy or those who are planning their Christmas shopping can earn even more Avios than usual, which they can spend towards hotels, flights, upgrades, car hire and other experiences.
Retailers offering triple Avios per £1 pound spent include:
- NET-A-PORTER – up to 18 Avios (up from 6)
- LEGO – up to 15 Avios (up from 5)
- Fortnum and Mason – 15 Avios (up from 5)
- LOOKFANTASTIC – up to 15 Avios (up from 5)
- notonthehighstreet – 12 Avios (up from 4)
- Selfridges – up to 12 Avios (up from 4)
- TK Maxx – 9 Avios (up from 3)
- ASOS – 9 Avios (up from 3)
- Apple – 9 Avios (up from 3)
- Argos – 3 Avios (up from 1)
- Currys PC World – 3 Avios (up from 1)
- Marks and Spencer – 3 Avios (up from 1)
There is also the opportunity to collect double Avios on other retailers across sectors including children & family, food & drink, gifts, health & beauty, toys & games, clothes & fashion, electricals, entertainment, home & garden and sport & fitness.*
The airline’s Avios eStore features over 1,200 retailers in the UK and over 600 in the US. British Airways Executive Club members are credited with Avios for every £1 spent through the online store, with the amount of Avios varying by retailer. There is currently a 30% Avios bonus for the first ever transaction a customer makes on the eStore, available until 31 December, 2020.
Carolina Martinoli, British Airways’ Director of Brand and Customer Experience, said: “We’re all having to stay at home more, and many people will be looking online for their next purchase. Our latest promotion gives shoppers the chance to boost their Avios balances even further while they do this, which they can put towards a flight, hotel or an experience in the future.”
Avios don’t expire unless there is no activity on the British Airways Executive Club Member’s account for 36 months.
Avios collected through the British Airways Avios eStore can be spent as normal, such as being put towards reward flights, where customers use Avios and just pay for taxes, fees and carrier charges. They can also be used for hotels, car hire and Avios Part Payment – reducing the cash amount paid on flights.
To collect Avios while shopping, customers need to visit the British Airways Avios eStore and enter their British Airways Executive Club log in details. They can then click through to retailers’ websites to access the great offers. The Executive Club is free to join and can be done so here.
* Triple Avios on selected retailers between 9 November 2020 and 23 December 2020. These retailers are Apple, Argos, ASOS, Currys PC World, Fortnum & Mason, LEGO, lookfantastic, Marks & Spencer, NET-A-PORTER, notonthehighstreet, Selfridges and TK Maxx only. Double Avios on selected retailers between 9 November 2020 and 23 December, exclusions include travel, banking & insurance, utility and service providers and selected retail brands. Please check individual retailer pages on the British Airways Avios eStore for details.
Source: British Airways