Langley, UK, 2016-Apr-25 — /Travel PR News/ — With travel and tourism expected to support over 8% of the Middle East’s total employment by 20251, travel technology leader leverages the Arabian Travel Market to demonstrate role of technology in driving industry’s growth
Travelport (NYSE:TVPT), a leading Travel Commerce Platform providing distribution, technology, payment and other solutions for the global travel and tourism industry participating at the 2016 Arabian Travel Market next week will highlight how travel technology is driving the industry’s growth and redefining how travel in the Middle East is searched, shared and booked across the industry’s landscape; from travel agents to airlines to hotels to the Middle East’s travelers on their mobiles phones(the second most mobile connected travelers worldwide2). Despite challenges facing the Middle East’s travel and tourism sector such as currency volatilities against the US dollar and recession in Russia3, the industry is poised for more growth with online travel bookings forecast to reach $35 billion and offline sales expected to reach $63 billion by 20174.
Travelport’s MTT, the leader in mobile and digital transformation for the travel industry, is fundamental to its ATM participation in 2016, with a seminar taking place on Monday the 25th of April that will reveal current mobile trends amongst travelers in the Middle East and future mobile trends beyond 2016. Smartphone and tablet penetration in the Middle East is estimated to reach 600m devices by 20185 and 90% cent of the Middle East business travelers claim that apps improve their travel experience.6 MTT helps airlines and travel agents worldwide to deliver compelling digital travel experiences enhancing the end traveller’s journey. A second Travelport led seminar will introduce Travelport’s cutting-edge “Incubation Labs” to the Middle East travel industry, which exist to get the best, most disruptive travel products into customers’ hands faster. The four month travel startup accelerator program will encourage Middle East participants to apply to participate in the initiative and highlight the program’s successes to date since its launch last year.
Speaking ahead of the event Rabih Saab, Travelport’s President & Managing Director for Europe, Middle East, Africa and South Asia commented; “Our industry faces challenges, but prospects for the Middle East remain positive. We are delighted to showcase how Travelport technology is supporting the growth of the travel industry trends at ATM. For example, as airline offers get more complex and travellers seek more choice, personalization and flexibility to tailor their journeys according to their needs (i.e., travellers on a budget or who want to earn more miles, carry extra baggage or make last minute travel changes etc.), Travelport Smartpoint and associated technologies are helping travel agents maximize their revenues and profitability with the capability to seamlessly integrate this type of unrivalled content into their travel agency screens. The latest airline ancillary revenue report estimates ancillary revenue will have hit more than $59 billion last year, an increase of more than 18% than 2014’s figure of $36.7 billion.7”
Visitors to Travelport stand TT1520 will have the chance to see Travelport’s industry leading technology in action and in the spirit of business networking, can avail of the opportunity to have a professional photo head shot taken for their CVs or LinkedIn profiles at Travelport’s professional photo.
Notes to editors
- Travel & Tourism, Economic Impact 2015, Middle East
- Think with Google, Winning the Middle East Millennial Travelers, 2015
- Travel & Tourism, Economic Impact 2015, Saudi Arabia
- Phocuswright Middle East Online Travel Overview 2nd Edition Aug 2015
- Tnooz, ‘Why Mobile Apps everywhere are grateful for travelers”, Dec 2015
- Why mobile Apps everywhere are grateful for travelers, Dec 2015
- Idea Works company, Airline Ancillary Revenue Report, 2015
Travelport is a Travel Commerce Platform providing distribution, technology, payment, mobile and other solutions for the global travel and tourism industry. With a presence in approximately 180 countries, over 3,700 employees, and an additional 1,200 employees at IGT Solutions Private Ltd who provide us with application development services, our 2015 net revenue was over $2.2 billion.
Travelport is comprised of:
- A Travel Commerce Platform through which it facilitates travel commerce by connecting the world’s leading travel providers with online and offline travel buyers in a proprietary business-to-business (B2B) travel marketplace. Travelport has a leadership position in airline merchandising, hotel content and rate distribution, mobile travel commerce and a pioneering B2B payment solution that addresses the needs of travel intermediaries to efficiently and securely settle travel transactions.
- Technology Services through which it provides critical IT services to airlines, such as shopping, ticketing, departure control and other solutions, enabling them to focus on their core business competencies and reduce costs.
Travelport is headquartered in Langley, U.K. The Company is listed on the New York Stock Exchange and trades under the symbol “TVPT”.