SJC to Open New Parking Lot with Low Introductory Rate ahead of July 4th Holiday
San José, Calif., 2021-Jul-02 — /Travel PR News/ — With the recent uptick in passenger traffic and more travelers expected to travel during the summer months, many will be seeking convenient parking options at Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC). The Airport’s much-anticipated Economy Parking Garage, also known as “long-term” parking, will officially open at 7am on July 1st with a low introductory rate of $15 per day, available through July 30th.
The new multi-level garage, located in the northeast area of the Airport, will offer hundreds of new parking spaces and provide more on-site parking options for Bay Area travelers. Just a quick shuttle ride to the terminals, the new garage is the most economical parking option at SJC. Prior to arrival at the Airport, passengers can conveniently check SJC’s on-site parking availability in real-time by visiting https://bit.ly/2SpPCaa. Passengers who plan ahead can save time and take the worry out of Airport parking. The Airport Parking page includes a map of all parking options and rates, along with parking availability in real time.
In addition to the opening of the Economy Parking Garage, the Airport recently reconfigured its parking facilities, adding three hundred additional parking spaces on May 1. Parking rates were adjusted with the reconfiguration. Parking Lot 3 (garage) in Terminal B and Lot 5 (closest to Terminal) rates are $24 per day. Lots 2 and 4 are $18 per day.
“The new Economy Parking Garage offers another great example of what the Airport has been doing throughout the pandemic to prepare for the return of passenger traffic,” said SJC Airport Director, John Aitken. “Introducing such a substantial piece of new infrastructure is a tremendous success for our team and offers both value and convenience to our customers. We’re particularly pleased to do so as we continue to focus on helping the traveling public readjust and travel with confidence after the pandemic.”
While the 4th of July is expected to cause a busy travel weekend, these additional travel tips will help get passengers to their boarding gate safely and faster:
• Face coverings are required in all Airport facilities.
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
• Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and clean your hands.
• Always wear socks when traveling, so if you need to remove your footwear for TSA screening you are not barefoot.
• Place items from your pockets inside your carry-on bag before arriving at the TSA screening checkpoint to reduce your contact with surfaces and reduce waiting time.
• TSA allows one up to 12-ounce liquid hand sanitizer container per passenger in carry-on bags.
• Check in online in advance and print a boarding pass. TSA and SJC airlines accept mobile boarding passes but having a printed pass can be helpful if a mobile device experiences power or connectivity issues.
• Even with a boarding pass, reconfirm airline flight status before leaving for the airport.
• Flight schedules may change at the departure or arrival city due to inclement weather or other factors.
Travelers are encouraged to check with their airlines for updates and arrive early to ensure on-time boarding as well as time for any new travel requirements.
For real-time parking status at SJC, visit flysanjose.com/parking, or call SJC’s parking services team at 408-441-5570.
For more information about the latest COVID19 updates, visit flysanjose.com/coronavirus.
SJC: Transforming How Silicon Valley Travels
Mineta San José International Airport (SJC) is Silicon Valley’s airport, a self‐supporting enterprise owned and operated by the City of San Jose. The airport, now in its 71st year, served nearly 15.7 million passengers in 2019, with nonstop service across North America and to Europe and Asia. For more airport information, visit https://www.flysanjose.com.
Source: Mineta San José International Airport (SJC)