Norwegian signs charter contracts with Apple Vacations and Funjet Vacations to operate routes from the United States to the Caribbean and Mexico.
LONDON, 2016-Jul-15 — /Travel PR News/ — Norwegian has signed charter agreements with Apple Vacations and Funjet Vacations for the winter season 2017. Norwegian will station three Boeing 737-800 aircraft in Milwaukee and Chicago and operate routes to Mexico and the Caribbean from December 2016 to April 2017.
The total value of the two contracts is approximately 120 MNOK (£10million), and include more than 600 flights. For Norwegian, it is a milestone entering the US market for charter tours and utilising capacity in the European low season.
Thomas Ramdahl, Chief Commercial Officer at Norwegian said: “We are very excited to expand our charter operations to the United States and partner with Apple Vacations and Funjet Vacations. We look forward to having more Americans enjoy the Norwegian experience on their way to what will hopefully be a fantastic holiday.”
Norwegian has since December 2015 offered its own flights from several U.S. East Coast cities to the French Caribbean islands of Guadeloupe and Martinique. The seasonal winter service will resume this autumn.
Norwegian in the UK:
- Norwegian first launched UK flights in 2003 and now operates from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester Airports to more than 40 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 3.9 million yearly passengers, and with more than 700 pilots, cabin crew and staff working from its Gatwick base
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. – the airlines now flies to 8 U.S destinations with fares from just £135 one way
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFi on UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of four years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for four consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2016, along with being awarded the ‘World’s best low-cost long-haul airline’ in both 2015 and 2016
UK press office details
+44 (0)7957 134505
For customer service: 0330 8280854