Airline offers double-daily flights to New York from £149 with launch of new early morning service
Fornebu, Norway, 2017-Aug-12 — /Travel PR News/ — Today, 10th August, Norwegian has launched a new second daily service to New York City with fares from £149, meaning that passengers can now experience the city that never sleeps in just one day!
The new flight departs London Gatwick in the morning and arrives into John F Kennedy airport for 9am. Jet setters can then spend the whole day exploring the city before returning on the 11pm ‘red eye’ from JFK, landing back to London Gatwick the following day – perfect for a weekend break.
Flights direct to New York City from London Gatwick start from £149 one-way and £259 return for a LowFare economy ticket or £419 one-way and £759 return in Premium including all taxes and charges.
EXPLORE THE ‘NEW MIDTOWN’
For most travellers, New York likely conjures up images of the City’s many classic attractions – Times Square, the Empire State Building, Rockefeller Centre, but in 2017 the beating heart of Manhattan is set to see the opening of some brand-new landmark attractions:
- The immersive, first-of-its-kind NFL Times Square Experience (opening November 2017) will bring the world of professional football to life. Including a 4D film with exclusive footage, interactive displays that dive into the NFL training regimen and game plan, physical challenges that allow guests to measure up against the pros, and championship memorabilia, the first-of-its-kind attraction will take fans of all ages from the stands to the field.
- During the jaw-dropping interactive undersea journey that will be National Geographic Encounter: Ocean Odyssey (opening October 2017) visitors will be transported to breath-taking places from around the world thanks to virtual reality technologies and interactive “real-time’ audience tracking.
- Gulliver’s Gate – In May this year, Gulliver’s Gate became the newest addition to Midtown Manhattan. The attraction features more than 300 miniature buildings and more than 1,000 model train cars, including 3-D printed replicas of Times Square, Grand Central Terminal and parts of Lower Manhattan, along with scenes from around the world (gulliversgate.com).
- Country music’s most famous brand, the Grand Ole Opry’s, first “home away from home,” in the shape of Opry City Stage (opened April 2017)
Thomas Ramdahl, Chief Commercial Officer said: “As Norwegian’s rapid growth in the UK continues we are excited to offer passengers the chance to experience New York City in just one day, with the launch of our second daily flight to New York. The new service is perfect for leisure travellers looking to tick off those bucket list experiences in 24 hours or for business travellers heading to the city for the day.”
“We know that the city break is already the favourite holiday type for travellers from the UK – New York City’s number one international visitor market, and we’re delighted that the trend for New York City as a long-haul city break is set to continue to rise further” said Fred Dixon, NYC & Company, President and CEO.“Thanks to the introduction of new aircraft like Norwegian’s having made longer journeys more attractive and the new flight allows visitors to arrive earlier in the day, short city breaks to experience the new midtown along with attractions throughout New York City’s five boroughs are becoming even more appealing”.
In addition to the new double daily service to New York, Norwegian also expanded its award-winning USA flights from London Gatwick by 55 per cent for this summer to offer 34 direct flights per week from Gatwick. This includes a daily service to Los Angeles and increases on the popular Oakland-San Francisco, Orlando and Fort Lauderdale routes.
Norwegian carries more than 5 million UK passengers each year from 5 UK airports, to over 50 global destinations. The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, and more than 200 new aircraft on order. Earlier this summer it was announced that Norwegian has been awarded the ‘World’s best low-cost long-haul airline’ for three consecutive years at the SkyTrax World Airline Awards.
Flight schedule – London Gatwick to John F Kennedy International Airport
- Monday, Tuesday – Departs 5.50am lands 8.50am
- Thursday – Departs 6.45am lands 9.45am
- Friday – Departs 5.50am lands 8.50am
- Saturday – Departs 5.35am lands 8.35am
- Sunday – Departs 7am lands 10am
- Daily – Departs 5.05pm lands 8.05pm
Flight schedule – John F Kennedy International Airport to London Gatwick
- Daily – Departs 11.15am lands 11.15pm
- Daily – Departs 11.00pm lands 11.00am+1
Norwegian in the UK:
- Norwegian carries 5.2 million UK passengers each year from London Gatwick, Edinburgh, Birmingham and Manchester airport to 50 destinations worldwide
- Norwegian is the third largest airline at London Gatwick, with 4.6 million yearly passengers, and with more than 800 UK-based pilots and cabin crew
- In 2014, Norwegian introduced the UK’s first low-cost, long haul flights to the U.S. – the airline now flies to 11 U.S destinations with fares from just £139 one way
- Norwegian is the only airline to offer free inflight WiFion UK flights to more than 30 European destinations
- The airline has one of the youngest aircraft fleets in the world with an average age of 3.6 years, including next-generation Boeing 787 Dreamliners and Boeing 737-800s
- Norwegian has been voted ‘Europe’s best low-cost carrier’ by passengers for four consecutive years at SkyTrax World Airline Awards from 2013-2016, along with being awarded the ‘World’s best low-cost long-haul airline’ for three consecutive years
SOURCE: Norwegian Air Shuttle ASA
44 (0)20 3874 6100