Six Distinguished Hotels and Hoteliers Receive Recognition for Exemplary Customer Satisfaction, Leadership and Engagement
New York, United States, 2018-Nov-30 — /Travel PR News/ — The Leading Hotels of the World presented its 2018 Membership Awards in Shanghai, China at the Annual Convention Gala on Sunday, November 18, 2018, marking the finale of the three-day Annual Convention event. Hosted at the Bellagio Shanghai, the award ceremony honored six notable member hotels and hoteliers for their continued commitment to creating an exceptional guest experience, demonstrating outstanding leadership, and their overall passion for remarkably uncommon hospitality.
“It is a great pleasure to honor our distinguished members and celebrate their successes at The Leading Hotels of the World’s annual Membership Awards,” said Ted Teng, President and CEO of The Leading Hotels of the World. “In Shanghai, we spent time focusing on “The New” in luxury hospitality. Our 2018 award honorees are innovative leaders in this category and create new and meaningful experiences for our guests everyday. Their locations span the globe, and yet they are united by their commitment to independent hotel-keeping, engagement with our collection, and providing premium service and experiences to our valued guests.”
The 2018 Leading Hotels Award honorees include:
- Member of the Year: Palace Hotel Tokyo, Toyko, Japan for demonstrating extraordinary support of, and engagement with the Leading Hotels organization and its programs.
- New Member of the Year Award: Palazzo Avino, Ravello, Italy for its commitment the Leading Hotels membership through its engagement with the brand and its dedication to establishing and maintaining exceptional quality scores.
- Remarkably Uncommon Award: Majestic Hotel & Spa, Barcelona, Spain for creating story-worthy guest experiences through innovative service and creative team engagement.
- Leaders Club Leadership Award: Park Hotel Vitznau, Vitznau, Switzerland for its outstanding commitment, creativity and engagement with the Leaders Club program, and pioneering best practices involving Leaders Club and bringing the experience to life for its guests.
- Happy Guest Award: Wheatleigh, Lenox, MA, USA for providing the greatest commitment to the guest experience, based upon the hotel’s latest quality score and Leaders Club feedback from the previous year.
- Leading Legends Award: Mr. Paul Zuest, for his passion for excellence and quality in independent hotel keeping. Mr. Zuest’s 30-year hospitality career has spanned numerous Leading Hotel properties, most recently serving as the former managing director of Chatham Bars Inn. He is described by his colleagues as a “hotelier’s hotelier,” with a keen ability to make a property successful by blending old school hospitality and innovation. He has demonstrated an extraordinary ability to inspire his staff, guests, and greater community with his human touch towards hospitality.
All six award recipients received an inscribed wristwatch by Blancpain. The world’s oldest watch brand, Blancpain has participated in the company’s Annual Convention since 2005, providing the timepieces presented to the winners of the member recognition awards. The honorees were also presented with an engraved Tiffany & Co. trophy and a gift from Moët Hennessy.
The Annual Convention brings together the owners, managing directors and general managers of the more than 400 independently owned luxury hotels and resorts within the collection for business sessions and cultural events. The event, themed, “New is New,” for 2018 took place throughout Shanghai including the brand new Leading Hotel, Bellagio Shanghai and The PuLi Hotel and Spa.
About The Leading Hotels of the World, Ltd. (Leading Hotels)
Comprised of more than 400 hotels in over 80 countries, Leading Hotels is a collection of uncommon luxury hotels. Rooted in the locations in which they are found, members embody the very essence of their destination. Through varied styles of architecture and design and distinct cultural experiences enhanced by passionate people, the collection is for the curious traveler looking for their next discovery. Established in 1928 by several influential and forward-thinking European hoteliers, Leading Hotels has a nine-decade-long commitment to providing remarkable, authentic travel experiences. The company selects only hotels that meet its high standards for quality and distinctiveness, resulting in a curated portfolio of hotels united not by what makes them the same, but the details that make them different. Leaders Club is the company’s exclusive tiered guest loyalty program, consisting of like-minded travelers seeking uncommon travel experiences. The program provides its members with personalized service and exclusive travel benefits to enhance their stays at any Leading Hotel around the world. For more information visit: www.lhw.com, Facebook at www.Facebook.com/LeadingHotels, Instagram @leadinghotelsoftheworld and Twitter @LeadingHotels
Manager, Public Relations