Optional Service via the Advanced Seat Selection System
Tokyo, Japan, 2020-Nov-13 — /Travel PR News/ — Japan Airlines (JAL) announced the decision to expand its Advance Seat Selection Service by offering extra legroom seats, such as in exit row areas, on international flights. Starting today (Nov 10,2020), the optional fee-based service will be made available for customers via JAL`s website.
In related news, the carrier recently announced an optional bidding system, offering customers an opportunity to upgrade their seat to a higher class of travel (i.e. Premium Economy) 24 hours prior to the flight. (see note) JAL will continue to respond to comments and suggestions provided by its customers in an aim to improve the entire travel experience through these services.
Details of Optional Fee-Based Seat Selection Service:
- Start Date
November 10 (16:30 Japan Standard Time)
- Eligible Ticket
JAL International Ticket (Ticket numbers starting with 131)
- Applicable Route
International flights operated by JAL and departing on/after December 3
(Excluding routes to/from Canada – planned to be offered once relevant approvals are received)
- Applicable Class of Travel
- Fees (Per Passenger/Per Segment – excluding infants traveling without a seat)
Note: For flights departing outside of Japan, specific amounts in the local currency will apply.Flights from Japan to North America, Europe, Hawaii, Australia and India: JPY10,000
Flights from Japan to South East Asia: JPY6,000
Flights from Japan to East Asia, Guam, Manila, Vladivostok: JPY4,000
- To Purchase a Seat
During the reservation process, select and purchase an extra legroom seat on the advance seat selection system. For those with a previously ticketed reservation, including reservations created through a travel professional, access the MANAGE FLIGHT BOOKING service on JAL`s website.
- Optional Fees are not applicable for:
– JMB Diamond, JGC Premier, JMB Sapphire, JMB Crystal, JAL Global Club and oneworld Tier Status members can continue to select extra legroom seats without fees.
– Customers purchasing a non-restrictive Normal Economy Fare (Booking Code `Y`), extra legroom seats will be offered without fees.
– Customers purchasing a restrictive fare without the option of selecting seats in advance and for those with a tour/group fare are not eligible for this service.
- Additional InformationEmergency exit row seats will be limited to passengers that satisfy the rules stipulated in the carrier`s Conditions of Carriage regulation. Extra legroom seats may be re-assigned, without refund, if customers do not meet the criteria shown below.
https://www.jal.co.jp/en/info/other/emergency_exitFor full details on the service:
The JAL Bid Upgrade service is currently suspended. (as of March 29, 2020)
For media queries, contact email@example.com
Source: Japan Airlines