High profile keynote speakers join global airport and aviation leaders on the bill
Montreal, Canada, 2019-Mar-08 — /Travel PR News/ — Airports Council International (ACI) World has today (March 5, 2019) announced that the Secretary General of the International Civil Aviation Organisation (ICAO) and senior representatives from Google, and Prescient will headline the 2019 ACI Asia-Pacific/ World Annual General Assembly, Conference & Exhibition.
The conference – to be held in Hong Kong between 2 and 4 April and hosted by Hong Kong International Airport – will bring together more than 600 aviation leaders from around the world. Headlining the conference, along with Dr. Fang Liu, the Secretary General of ICAO, are:
- Lucy Werner, Google, Industry Leader Finance and Travel, and
- Amy Zalman, Founder and CEO, Prescient.
“With one month to go, the conference has already attracted top leaders within the global aviation industry and we can now announce some exceptional keynote speakers,” said Angela Gittens, Director General, ACI World. “The ACI World/Asia Pacific annual conference provides an opportunity for the airport community to share new and best practices and having ICAO, Google, and Prescient provide their experience and knowledge will further enrich the experience for attendees.”
Dr. Liu will give the Keynote Address on the first day of the conference programme and will give ICAO’s perspective on the theme of the conference: “What’s next for aviation? The future starts now.”
Lucy Werner is responsible for leading Google’s Finance and Travel strategies for pan-Asian clients, focused on expanding these clients’ digital transformation strategies and accelerating innovation. Ms. Werner will participate in a live interview on: “Connecting with the passenger”, which will explore how effective technology can be instrumental in breaking down the silos which often frustrate customers.
Dr. Zalman will share how thinking like a futurist can help business leaders plan in uncertain and complex conditions. Prescient, a Washington DC-based strategic foresight firm, provides Strategic Foresight consulting to Fortune 500 firms, growing businesses and trade organizations.
“I am delighted to be joining ACI to present at the 2019 World Annual General Assembly and, as a futurist,” Dr. Zalman said. “Airports aren’t only hubs for travellers and airlines, but for diverse trends related to the future. The airport is where exciting developments that will make retail and travel a more convenient, pleasurable and environmentally sustainable experience will cross paths with major questions around citizenship and migration, global health, security and geopolitical trade. I am very much looking forward to meeting members of the airport community whose decisions will create the airports of the future, and the lives of the millions of people who pass through airports daily.”
The formal conference is preceded by a series of workshops where more depth can be provided on key topics of environment, human resources, forecasting, cargo and slots. The event is also an ideal platform to feature business partners and industry stakeholders through sponsorship and exhibition opportunities.
Notes for editors
- Airports Council International (ACI), the trade association of the world’s airports, was founded in 1991 with the objective of fostering cooperation among its member airports and other partners in world aviation, including the International Civil Aviation Organization, the International Air Transport Association and the Civil Air Navigation Services Organization. In representing the best interests of airports during key phases of policy development, ACI makes a significant contribution toward ensuring a global air transport system that is safe, secure, efficient and environmentally sustainable. As of January 2019, ACI serves 646 members, operating 1,960 airports in 176 countries.
- Find more information on the 2019 ACI Asia-Pacific/ World Annual General Assembly, Conference & Exhibition including registration and media arrangements.
- Read Dr. Fang Liu’s blog post on ACI Insights – she shares her thoughts on the important challenges the industry now faces in areas such as urban connectivity and inter-modality, airline economics and competition, and the responsible ownership and operation of drones.
Manager, External Relations and Special Events
Telephone: +1 514 373 1254
Telephone: +1 514 373 1200
Source: ACI World