LONDON, 2017-Oct-04 — /Travel PR News/ — Hemsley + Hemsley help passengers improve their Instagram skills to capture the best international cuisine
- Hemsley + Hemsley lead Heathrow’s month-long Taste the World celebration of food tourism
- Taste The World follows new research revealing that one in seven UK travellers has chosen a holiday destination based solely on food seen on Instagram
- New York, Toronto, LA, Singapore, Paris, Rome and Miami among the most Instagrammed food destinations
- Taste The World Guide includes the world’s foodie hotspots and Instagrammable dishes
- Hemsley + Hemsley Instagram video tutorial available for passengers to view on on YouTube: www.youtube.com/LHRHeathrow
#food, #foodie, #foodstagram, #foodporn, #nomnomnom… half a billion pictures of food have been uploaded to Instagram with these popular hashtags, demonstrating that food is still hugely popular on social media.
The food Instagram phenomenon has also led to a rising trend for foodie tourism, with new research from Heathrow showing that one in seven UK travellers has chosen a holiday destination purely for the Instagrammable cuisine. Over a quarter (27%) say they enjoy their holiday more when uploading pictures of dishes to Instagram, while one in five travellers (18%) will only choose to visit restaurants serving food they think looks good on Instagram.
While millions are eagerly snapping and sharing food images on their travels, the quality of these photos can vary. Heathrow has today become the first airport in the world to enlist ‘Food Instagram Ambassadors’- in the form of culinary superstars Hemsley + Hemsley to help travellers take the best Instagram food shots before jetting away.
Jasmine and Melissa Hemsley share their top ten tips to taking beautiful foodie snaps that are guaranteed to smash the ‘likes’ PB every time. A tutorial video, can be viewed on Heathrow’s free Wi-Fi portal and on YouTube here: www.youtube.com/LHRHeathrow.
Hemsley + Hemsley’s tips for taking the most Instagrammable food photos ever include getting the perfect lighting (and never ever using the flash!), rearranging food to make it look more striking, framing dishes creatively to fire the imagination and they advise on how to develop a signature Instagram style.
Passengers are encouraged to visit any of Heathrow’s exciting restaurants before their flights, order a delicious dish or drink, watch the Hemsleys’ ‘how to’, then put their newfound photographic knowledge into practice before jetting away for more amazing gastronomic and photographic adventures. Table cards on tables will feature the top five tips and menus will host some of the best Insta dishes.
Jasmine and Melissa Hemsley said:
“We know that now, more than ever before, people will eat with their eyes first, predominantly using their phones to search for and choose dishes and destinations that look the best on a plate.
“We love sharing our culinary adventures and over the years have picked up a few techniques for taking great food snaps. We’re excited to be sharing these tips and tricks with Heathrow passengers travelling to exciting destinations, so they too can embrace the food-photo-sharing phenomenon and start capturing creative, vibrant and appetising images themselves that will be a hit on Instagram.”
A new expert guide published by Heathrow entitled Taste the World features Hemsley + Hemsley’s tips on taking great food photographs, as well as foodie spotlights on 10 of the most Instagrammed food destinations on the planet – including Paris, New York, LA, Toronto, Rome and Madrid – to equip travellers with all they need for the perfect foodie getaway. The guide can be viewed here:heathrow.com/tastetheworld
For each foodie location featured in the guide, the Hemsleys have shared the food and drink items dominating Instagram feeds and menus across the globe; including Toronto’s charcoal pizza craze, Singapore’s Raindrop Cakes, Frosés in LA and the Big Apple’s clamour for egg waffle ice cream cones.
Restaurants across Heathrow including The Perfectionists’ Café, The Gorgeous Kitchen and Gordon Ramsey Plane Food are getting in on the act, serving up delicious dishes that are highly Instagrammable and inspired by the 10 foodstagram hotspots from the #TastetheWorld guide.
Heathrow’s Head of Food and Beverage, Ben Crowley, commented:
“With a third of British people eager to improve their food photography skills, we are delighted to be partnering with Hemsley + Hemsley to celebrate great food across the world. With our wide range of restaurants and exciting dishes, Heathrow is the perfect playground for budding food Instagrammers to brush up on their abilities before they reach their food destination.”
– ENDS –
Notes to editors:
- 1. Based on the number of Instagram posts featuring these hashtags at the time of writing (August 2017). Additional findings include:
- a. 37% of people typically consider a destination’s food/cuisine when planning a trip
- b. 25% of people have been influenced to try a new restaurant in a holiday destination they’re set to travel to because of images they’ve seen on social media
- c. 14% of Brits (one in seven) have been influenced to travel to a new holiday destination based on other peoples’ images of food on social media
- d. 32% of people say that food and drink is one of the main things they get enjoyment from when they travel
- e. People consider Italian food to be the most appealing cuisine on social media
- 2. Research conducted by OnePoll on behalf of Heathrow Airport in June 2017 with 1,000 UK adults.
The full Taste the World Guide and tips from Hemsley + Hemsley can be viewed here:heathrow.com/tastetheworld
SOURCE: Heathrow Airport Limited