Since its inaugural flight the airline has carried more than 70,000 passengers
Dubai, UAE, 2020-Feb-20 — /Travel PR News/ — Dubai-based flydubai is participating in the first edition of the Uzbekistan Aviation Airports Logistics Forum in Tashkent providing the airline with an opportunity to mark its first successful year of operations to the Uzbek market. The airline has carried more than 70,000 passengers between the Uzbek capital and Dubai since it launched flights in March 2019.
Passengers from Tashkent connect on flydubai’s network through Dubai to Madinah and Jeddah in Saudi Arabia, and with the codeshare partnership with Emirates flydubai has seen passengers connect onwards to Cairo in Egypt and Dhaka in Bangladesh.
The Uzbekistan Aviation Airports Logistics Forum is a meeting point for transportation authorities, airports, airlines, travel agencies and tour operators from Central Asia, Caucasus, Middle East and Europe. The event is currently being held at the “Uzexpocentre” in Tashkent from 19 to 20 February 2020. flydubai’s stand number is O6, it is located in Pavilion 1 of the exhibition venue.
From its home in Dubai, flydubai has created a network of more than 90 destinations and over the next decade the airline will see its fleet grow by up to 236 aircraft. Since commencing operations in June 2009, flydubai has been committed to removing barriers to travel, creating free flows of trade and tourism and enhancing connectivity between different cultures across its ever-expanding network.
flydubai has marked its journey with a number of milestones that represent the scale of the ambition planned for the airline:
- An expanding network: Created a network of more than 90 destinations in 48 countries across Africa, Central Asia, the Caucasus, Central and South-East Europe, the GCC and the Middle East, and the Indian Subcontinent.
- Serving underserved markets: Opened up more than 65 new routes that did not previously have direct air links to Dubai or were not served by a UAE national carrier from Dubai.
- An efficient single fleet-type: Operates a single fleet-type of 55 Boeing 737 aircraft.
- Record-breaking orders: Placed the largest single-aisle aircraft orders in the region at the 2013 and 2017 editions of the Dubai Airshow.
- Enhancing connectivity: Carried more than 75 million passengers since it began operations in 2009.
For all our latest news, please visit the flydubai Newsroom.
+971 555 174 642