Shows including Cold Feet and Lewis introduced from mid-June
LONDON, 2016-Jun-17 — /Travel PR News/ — Eurostar and ITV Essentials have today announced a new partnership which will extend the range of entertainment available on board from 15th June.
Launching on Eurostar’s state-of-the-art fleet of e320 trains, travellers can unlock a range of British drama by using their own device to connect to the free on-board wifi. The first collection of eight programmes comes in addition to Eurostar’s exiting line up of over 300 hours of TV shows and films, and has been specially selected to offer a range of classic British drama:
- Cold Feet – passengers are invited to reacquaint themselves with series one before the cult TV show returns to our screens later this year;
- A step back in time with World War Two drama Home Fires, starring Samantha Bond, as well asmini-series the Great Fire;
- One of ITV’s best-loved and most enduring detective dramas, Lewis, with Kevin Whately and Laurence Fox, and its popular prequel Endeavour;
- Favourites Mrs Biggs, featuring Sheridan Smith, and a two-part special of the Darling Buds of May, starring Catherine Zeta-Jones.
Eurostar plans to renew all content on a regular basis to offer an extensive range of French and British options to keep passengers entertained as they travel across the Channel.
Nick Mercer, Commercial Director, Eurostar said:
“Our cutting-edge on-board entertainment system sets a new benchmark for short haul travel, offering customers an extensive range of free games, films and TV shows direct to their device. By partnering with ITV, we are pleased to bring our travellers even more choice as they sit back and relax on board our new trains. “
Neale Dennett, ITV Director of Pay Content and Packages, said: “ITV is delighted to be partnering with Eurostar to give passengers the chance to watch a range of brilliant ITV programming whilst travelling to and from Europe. This complements our increasingly popular ITV Essentials subscription service, that enables viewers to watch many of ITV’s great shows whilst travelling to, or living in, Europe.”
With increased seat capacity on the e320, Eurostar is now offering its most competitive fares ever. The combination of a lead-in price of £29/€39 one way to Paris/Brussels/Lille and fares from £37 to hundreds of destinations across France, Holland and Belgium, makes Eurostar the fastest, easiest and cheapest way to travel between the UK and mainland Europe.
Notes to editors
· The onboard entertainment platform is provided by GoMedia, Europe’s leading on-board infotainment provider www.gomedia.io
· Nomad Digital is the world’s leading provider of wireless connectivity and ICT solutions to the rail sector and its networked train solution provides the IP backbone and train-shore connectivity on which Eurostar’s WiFi and media content is delivered www.nomad-digital.com
· Over the next 3 years Eurostar is introducing 17 new e320 trains into its fleet and is carrying out a programme of refurbishment of its original trains.
· Customers travelling by Eurostar can enjoy a range of benefits including:
› Seamless city centre to city centre travel, with stations located in the heart of our destinations
› Fast and convenient check-in – passengers are asked to arrive only 30 minutes before departure (or 10 minutes if travelling Business Premier)
› Generous, free-of-charge baggage allowance with each passengers allowed 2 bags/suitcases and 1 piece of hand luggage
› No queues or baggage reclaim upon arrival – simply take your bag with you on board
› Comfort and space on board to work or unwind
About ITV Essentials
ITV Essentials is an international subscription service giving expats and holidaymakers the opportunity to watch their favourite ITV shows while abroad. ITV Essentials is available in 13 territories across Europe, and offers ad-free catch up of ITV’s most popular shows, including Coronation Street and Emmerdale.
For more information please contact:
Eurostar Press Office
t: 020 7843 550